California Couple Searches For Their Dream Home

2. Member
    She's a pet blogger and he's a shovel maker. They are looking for a home in their budget of 4 million dollars.

3. Member
    A Kallifornia home for me would be a NIGHTMARE not a dream home.

"When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

6. Member
    Babylon bee has some hillarious stuff out there
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Can't imagine how much a Kodiak tent would go for there.
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member

9. Member
    It’s not all that crazy in Ca. Just the populated areas. Still get a nice house a mile from the lake around 300 k

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    It’s not all that crazy in Ca. Just the populated areas. Still get a nice house a mile from the lake around 300 k
    Clear Lake is the least expensive lakefront property in CA, but there is a ton of rif raf all around. Yes, the fishing is great, but the surrounding communities are pretty scary. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't want to live there. The prices in any place safe in CA are crazy expensive. You can thank our poorly run CA government for a lot of this. We are the model for what not to do with state government.

Average median for So Cal homes is $850-999. That's ludicrous!
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

12. Member

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Championmac View Post
    Clear Lake is the least expensive lakefront property in CA, but there is a ton of rif raf all around. Yes, the fishing is great, but the surrounding communities are pretty scary. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't want to live there. The prices in any place safe in CA are crazy expensive. You can thank our poorly run CA government for a lot of this. We are the model for what not to do with state government.
    I moved here 4 years ago from Walnut Creek and although we still have that place, I am in Clear Lake full time. Anyplace you go has rif raf and can be sketchy at times.
    We moved to Buckingham and this is a mostly gated community. We have an HOA who are very serious about the rules as they apply to the homeowner which is the point of an HOA, right.

I don't doubt Dave when he states you can buy a nice home for $300k but all neighborhoods/ areas are different. If you want waterfront here in Buckingham, don't show up with at least $1M in your pocket and it will only get you started.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Championmac View Post
    Lived here 16 years. Way safer than any big city area. Not one issue with people here.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    I moved here 4 years ago from Walnut Creek and although we still have that place, I am in Clear Lake full time. Anyplace you go has rif raf and can be sketchy at times.
    We moved to Buckingham and this is a mostly gated community. We have an HOA who are very serious about the rules as they apply to the homeowner which is the point of an HOA, right.

I don't doubt Dave when he states you can buy a nice home for $300k but all neighborhoods/ areas are different. If you want waterfront here in Buckingham, don't show up with at least $1M in your pocket and it will only get you started.
    Buckingham is the best place around the lake. That is where I would like to have a place.
    Last edited by Championmac; 06-01-2023 at 01:21 PM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Lived here 16 years. Way safer than any big city area. Not one issue with people here.
    That is good to hear. There is just so many people on government assistance in the area that I couldn’t convince my girl to like the area. I try and spend a couple weeks there every summer. The fishing is good enough to make you not notice some of the issues ��