Thread: New Troller

New Troller

Im looking to upgrade my older Fortrex to either a Lowrance Ghost or Garmin force trolling motor.

Any opinions or suggestions for a 2+2 21XB?
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

2. Member
    I have a ghost on my 2+2 and couldn't be happier. But I have Lowrance units to integrate with my ghost. If you have garmins, the ghost might not be the one for you.

3. Member
    After doing some research I found that the recessed footwell isnt big enough for either the Garmin or the Minnkota. The ghost is the only one that is small enough to fit. I have no desire to cut out the currenty recessed footwell and install a bigger one. So I guess its the G Lowrance Ghost for the win. I do have garmin electronics for forward scan but was looking to add a lowrance for down and side scan anyway.
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

4. Member
    You will love the Ghost. It has its quirks but is an amazing machine.

5. Member
    I don't know when or if Darris enlarged the tray, but on my 2006, I felt the need to use spacers to lift the ghost pedal an inch or so for a better fit. The "leftover" support bar piece made for great spacers.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    The ghost is a great option, been running one for a few years now. As we spoke, it will fit the recess but you may want to space it to your liking.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0