Carbon 12 2D Issues After 23.3

My boat is setup as follows. Carbon 12 at the bow which utilizes the factory transducer with my Ghost TM for 2D and DS. At the console, I have another Carbon 12 with a 2D through hull and an AI 2n1 transducer. Both units are networked through the NEMA network and I also have a Point 1 networked. This setup has worked fine for the last couple years but I've started having problems with the console unit and picking up a 2D signal. A week ago it was working as it should but after updating to the 23.3 software, it won't find the 2D trans. I'm not saying for sure the software update caused the issue but it seems odd that the timing hit after I did the update. After the I did the update to both units, both units showed sonar stopped. I turned that off and the bow unit works as normal but the console unit is acting up.

Looking at the Sonar installation page it still shows the ch 1 TD as the correct 2D TD. I was out today and tried several things but can't get it to work. At first, it showed no depth. I powered it down and brought it back up and it showed 1.8' no matter what depth I was in. Powered down again and this time it came back at 2.7'

The other thing I notice that may or may not make a difference is I remember the console unit saying "console" at the top of the screen and now it says "this unit". Does this sound like my 2D transducer is bad, a network issue, do I do a soft/hard reset? At a loss here....
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

2. Member
    One other thing I notice is on the system controls page "audio" is shown and is turned on. I don't have a sonic hub so not sure where this came from. If I turn it off, it comes back on. The bow unit doesn't have audio as an option.

3. Member
    Did you go to network setting and disable sonichub? Sounds like it might have gotten enabled by the update.

4. Member
    To follow up on this one, a soft reset fixed my issue. Hope this helps somebody else!

5. Member
    Thx for this update, Bassin Bob!

6. Member
    This is the first time I've done a soft reset after a software update. Is this something I should be doing after each update?

7. Member
    Thanks for the heads up!

8. Member
    Marc Marcantonio suggests a hard reset.

9. Member
    I was going to suggest a hard reset after any update. Be sure to save your waypoints first as a hard reset brings the unit back to factory settings. You will have to setup all your pages with overlay data again. The up side is that it removes any bugs developed in the past and starts you with clean software.

The 23.3 software update on my Pro units did change some of my settings also, such as turning off Channel 1 on my console unit which was my shoot thru the hull transducer, and it changed my Advance Feature settings. So be sure to go through all your settings after the hard reset. I have a YouTube video coming out on this on my YouTube channel (Marc Marcantonio) as soon as I have time to edit and post it.
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    I just watched your video Marc....good stuff!