Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    No way in the world you run a trolling motor continuously for 8 hours on two group 27 batteries. You’d be lucky to get two hours. If lead acid batteries had anything close to that capacity there would be no one using lithium batteries.
    No I don't run it continously, why would anyone do that?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    No I don't run it continously, why would anyone do that?
    Trolling or spider rigging for one, but regardless, that's what this thread is about since the guy who started runs his continuously.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Pugh. Thats the idea bigger blade, more thrust ,lower speed and 3 batteries = more runtime. Been doing it for years killing Lead batteries quick. Lithium for electric trolling at 2MPH = 10 hours instead of 6 and heavily draining with lead. Still the Lithium has over 30% remaining at over 13 volts. 5 seasons and no noticeable change in capacity. My 100 HD AGMS showed a difference I capacity after 1 year. I killed them by running them way past 50% I changed batteries in less than 3 years. 3 times before buying Lithium. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Bigger blade and more trust means more amp draw.
    and yes 36v would help. More efficient motor on 36v, lower setting . Also the higher the voltage the lower the amperage
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Bob, I get this, been in this line of work since 1966. That statement was in regarding a post above implying that 36 volts would solve his issue, won't help a bit if he runs on high all day. just move a little faster, unless he reduces the speed setting.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    I started my work career(electronics) in 64! Means little, but my speed is 6 or 7 out of 10 all of the time. Maxed out on 10, the Minn Kota motors won’t even use the PWM circuitry so you would be correct. The third battery with it’s added Wattage along with the lower setting needed to do the same job increases the capability considerably.(experience, not theory)
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Yep, as long as the speed setting is reduced
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooked stick View Post
    If I run continuously my 24/80 Ultrex on high trolling I can get about three hours run time before I drain my lead acid batteries. Was wondering how much added run time I might expect if I switched to lithiums???
    Message me if you need some help. Be glad to go over some options and get you hooked up with out BBC 15% off special

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12