Optimax - Advance Throttle or No?

I have seen some post that say advance the throttle a tiny bit on startup, I have seen others say do not do it. What is the official verdict?

If I start mine with the throttle advanced at all it starts but beeps every few seconds forever and the throttle ceases to function. The cable still moves but the engine will not rev. Trying to figure out if that is normal or or indicative to a issue.

2. Member
    IMO, you have an issue that needs to be addressed. Never any need to touch the throttle at startup. You will need to add your engine serial number for best advice from the tech's. Good luck!

3. Member
    My engine has some issues I am working on but it starts with no throttle advance, with advanced throttle it does the beeps and no throttle. This is more of a general inquiry on proper Optimax starting procedures and if other people are able to start the opti with throttle advanced maybe this is a clue to my other issues. Other issues detailed here for anyone interested... https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1225846

4. Member
    The beeps when advancing the throttle to start the engine is possibly the TPS (throttle position sensor) thinking it is out of range.

5. Member
    no advance needed on optimax engines will set neutral overspeed fault in pcm
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 74mako View Post
    I have seen some post that say advance the throttle a tiny bit on startup, I have seen others say do not do it. What is the official verdict?
    None at all, ever.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    What does pushing the key in do on a optimax? On my carbed 2 stroke I know it gives it extra fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by 74mako View Post
    What does pushing the key in do on a optimax? On my carbed 2 stroke I know it gives it extra fuel.
    Nothing
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Nothing
    ^^^^+1^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax