Repositioning remote oil tank

ProXS 2B360847 I'm redoing all of the wiring in my battery compartment and have a question about remote oil tank. Currently the tank sits parallel to the transom, but takes up a lot of space. I was wondering if changing it 90 degrees and extending the oil lines would cause a problem? I would have to get new hoses from where they are currently joined and be 2 ft longer. If this is doable, would I need a special type of hose, and if disconnected for a short time, would an oil prime be necessary? I do realize the hose has to exit the tank 90 degrees from the long side.
    oil 1.jpgoil 2.jpgoil 3.jpg

2. Member
    An oil prime shouldn't be necessary. I would order the correct Mercury hose for your application. Make sure you keep the blue stripe and non striped hoses correct with each other.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

3. Member
    ^^^^^^ +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    The only thing you would need to do is bleed the engine reservoir - Bleeding air from the Engine Mounted Oil Tank
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax