Losing transducer signal when trolling motor is pulled out of the water

I'm coming to the board for possible solutions. When I power up my Garmin 126 it works fine but when I pulled the trolling motor out of the water and drop it back in I lose my signal. The only way for it to come back is to power off/power on and it works fine again. I have check all connections at the cradle and at the battery but can't figure it out. I thought I would come here before I call Garmin. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have you tried putting it on pause before stowing TM?? Play/Pause button is in the lower left hand corner of the screen. I do this when i'm moving spots.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    How long have you had it? Is there a specific flex point in the cable working back and forth?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Fishing Solutions

I have and it still does not work. Thank you for the reply.

5. Member
    Lwinch

I might have a couple of bends in the cord but I don't think that it's enough to cause a problem. If a bend in the cord was causing a problem then I would think it would not show imaging immediately, in which it does. It just goes away once I pull the transducer out of the water and then put it back in. Thank you for the reply.

6. Member
    Does anyone thing that a damaged network cable could be causing this issue?

More info might help give some people more thoughts. What transducer and trolling motor?
    If it is a livescope transducer, make sure you have the latest update. Especially an early model LVS32. They were somewhat finicky to issues like this before software improvements.

8. Member
    My transducer is the LVS34 with a Ultrex and the software is up to date.

If you are not seeing a message like "GLS10 source not found check network", or "GLS10 transducer not connected check transducer cable", I would look at the 126. Can you tell if it is turning off completely (no other screens, maps, or light).