UFP Oil Bath Options

Well after 18 years my 2005 triton dual axel trailer it appears one of my oil bath hubs finally started leaking over the winter. I am notorious for over researching which then leads to over complicating an issue. Since UFP is long gone and I don't believe you can find a replacement parts easily so what are the best options in lay mans terms. I see most people convert to grease using most of the same components. I apologize that this has probably been discussed 100X times but finding a straight forward response is not easy. Thanks Chris

Waymire’s should have what you need if you want to keep the oil bath system or change to grease. Mine didn’t last that long and converted mine to grease.

If you want to convert your hubs to grease, just remove the hubs, grease the bearings, replace the SS wear rings and the inner seals. Use the bearing protector of your choice. No need to replace the hubs. Replace any bearings/races that are worn.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    If you are wanting to stick with oil bath, I think Dexter still makes a lot of UFP replacement parts. Not sure if anything changed from 18 years ago, but I'm pretty sure I've seen parts around for the UFP Gold oil baths. Waymire's would know for sure, as mentioned by Bob.

4. Member
    I just went through the same thing on my 05 trailer. Lots of research and searching old post on the subject. I never had a problem with the oil bath hubs, but decided to go with grease. Since it was 18 years old I went ahead and changed all the bearings, seals, and spindle sleeves. Timken bearings, either timken or national seals, and bearing buddies from Amazon. Sleeves and o rings from pacific trailer.

BTW, if you have never changed the spring sleeves to bronze and a wet bolt kit, I highly recommend. And it’s a great time to do it when servicing the hubs. Got my kit from Etrailer.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pureoil313 View Post
    Well after 18 years my 2005 triton dual axel trailer it appears one of my oil bath hubs finally started leaking over the winter.
    Where is it leaking from? Rear seal, small pipe plug, sight glass housing?

https://www.easternmarine.com/ufp-trailer-disc-brakes
    Last edited by Ed R; 06-03-2023 at 07:52 AM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax