Trying to decide!!!

Trying to figure out where to go. Never been to Lake Winnipesaukee before. Not sure how the fishing is. And then the is Lake Megog in VT. where I was and the fishing was nice. Any input on Winnipesaukee would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Peter

2. Member
    I have fished Lake Winn many times with a lot of success with many small smallmouth.
    I was never able to catch many large smallmouth.
    Beautiful lake and area though.
    The lake can get very rough at times and at those times there is also Lake Wentworth or Squam Lake is also really nice.

3. Member
    The fishing on Winnipesaukee is a Great Lake as is Winnisquam which is near by. wentworth is good too,not a Squam fan but it’s holding some great smallmouth. Go the the most visited state page and ask about Winni.
    Red Sox in 6!

4. Member
    I used to fish Winnipesaukee a ton (even worked on an island job for six months, and fished almost every day that I could). I never unlocked the size potential that it certainly holds, but hoisted many 3# smallies over the gunnel. I love it, but the sheer amount of boat traffic (in season there can be a 2' chop on a calm day), as well as ramp/parking issues has taken a lot of the fun out of it. I also observed that there's an ebb and flow to the bass populations on some spots - what was money once can be meh! in the present. I'll wait for a rainy day for my next visit.

Winni sucks for what you think it should be. Go to Squam. Much better fishing!
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Peter,

When you were in VT, did you fish South Bay ( Magog) in Newport? Last time I was there we had a great day in the Bay. Another place to try would be Seymour Lake in Morgan. There's a decent motel right in Derby with hook ups to charge your batteries. The owner is a bass fisherman.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

7. Member
    Magog was a great fishery! The scenery was beautiful. I was just thinking of different places. I definitely would go back.

2023 as a non resident expect to pay launch fees any where from $ 25 to $ 40 to launch depending on ramp

2009 ELITE 210