smartcraft connect and pro xs

2023 250 pro xs
    serial 3b376319

I have garmin and smartcraft connect
    it wont display engine trim
    does this motor have digital trim
    sender. it's a 3 wire? do I have to unplug anolog trim guage to get this to display? or do I need parts

also troll control ? garmin lists as compatible. do I need any parts to get this to function?

thanks
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No additional parts required for either feature. Your engine outputs BOTH analog and digital trim signals.

Smartcraft Connect may (or may not) yet have those features active. If you can't get the features to come up, see if your local dealer can update the unit for you (in some cases YOU may be able to do this over wifi, if you're parked NEXT TO the router).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    thanks Don I went in and configurerd it to allow cruise control and re added engine since originally doing update now I have trim visible and troll control avaible as an overlay. having trim as percentage is vital to get best cruise mpgs on this tub.

can I connect my jackplate guage like a trim tab option to pcm and have smartcraft show jackplate? I noticed that in settings that I could control tabs.

thanks again
    Last edited by 12many; 05-30-2023 at 03:26 PM.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can turn the "Cruise Control" off (only active for DTS models).

In "theory" you could get "Tab Data". You cannot control tabs, however.

I would definitely need to research that one a bit as I've never attempted it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor