Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    Blue Sea for me... Second time installing one plus wiring for me. Have a 25A Blue Sea breaker installed on the main power supply. My boat has a nice surface under the console where I mounted it. All Kimbluth wire from Amazon. NEMA and Front graph power supply wired directly to the left side, right side is power supply to front.

Picture was taken a little off center, trust me... the fuse block is centered!

Very nice wiring install right there.

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Here is a guide
    Attachment 524061
    This is my setup also, 125ah Ionic running Power Poles, Livewell Pumps, ect. along with a 12 Live at console and 9 Live at bow. I used these Blue Sea dual power post connectors to link power and ground with 10 ga. marine stranded tinned wire on both Lowrance units. Originally I had 8 ga. from the battery to a 30 amp reset breaker to Blue Sea fuse block in starboard locker at console then 10 ga. from fuse block to the 12 at console and another 10 ga. run to the 9 at bow. I started having low voltage issues even with placing the 12 in standby while fishing. The Ionic battery was showing 98 percent of charge through the Ionic App on my phone. My 9 on occasion started blinking at times. Note: this low voltage started after no issues running this setup for about two months. So now here's what I found and did. Upon opening up the console and bow I see that my fancy dual post connectors didn't have lock nuts on them and the supplied nuts were all snug but not tight a light pressure with a socket and ratchet was all it took loosen them. So since I opened it all up I replaced the 10 ga. wire runs with 8 ga. and installed nylock nuts on the dual post connectors. My motor keeps the Ionic charged up to 99 percent with little running. My hope is the graphs will work without power issues now. Just put it all back together today so I'll find out soon. What do the BBC wiring whiz kids think?IMG_20230617_134803183_HDR.jpg

3. Member
    ciao,
    Marc

Here is what I make for my install jobs, 1/4 stainless steel including fasteners, fastener holes are 82-degree counter sunk and threaded with jam nuts installed, to make sure of the best possible connection. and a connecting bracket that secures beaker as well.
    They are pricy, butt by far better than anything out there. No aluminum or brass on my jobs.
    batconnect.jpg
    Last edited by lpugh; 06-21-2023 at 07:53 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    You guys provide great advice. Thanks for taking time to provide advice and answer questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12