End times mark of the beast

For those who study this, is this accurate?

2. Member
    There are a lot of ways to interpret Revelation (at least 4 that I have read about, and combinations of each). Here's something I found on a google search that outlines the main views:

1. The Historicist View: Those who read Revelation from this interpretation view it as a panorama of church history from the first century to the second coming of Christ written with prophetic language. The further we progress in time, the more times Revelation must be re-interpreted using this method.
    2. The Preterist View. Preterist is another word that comes from Latin and essentially means “what is past.” This view is like the historicist view, except it proposes that Revelation ended with the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Preterists believe all but the final four chapters were fulfilled at that time. Those living in John’s day would likely have read it this way as they anticipated Jesus’ imminent return. They were certainly undergoing great persecution.
    3. The Idealist View. Idealists regard Revelation solely as a book explaining the greater ongoing battle between good and evil in the world. They don’t take any of it as a literal description of events that have happened or are to happen but largely allegorize the entirety.
    4. The Futurist View. Futurists view Revelation as a prophetic book written in the apocalyptic style using symbolic language to discuss what will happen in Heaven and on earth just before the final judgment and God’s restoration, where He makes all things new.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer View Post
    There are a lot of ways to interpret Revelation (at least 4 that I have read about, and combinations of each). Here's something I found on a google search that outlines the main views:

1. The Historicist View: Those who read Revelation from this interpretation view it as a panorama of church history from the first century to the second coming of Christ written with prophetic language. The further we progress in time, the more times Revelation must be re-interpreted using this method.
    2. The Preterist View. Preterist is another word that comes from Latin and essentially means “what is past.” This view is like the historicist view, except it proposes that Revelation ended with the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Preterists believe all but the final four chapters were fulfilled at that time. Those living in John’s day would likely have read it this way as they anticipated Jesus’ imminent return. They were certainly undergoing great persecution.
    3. The Idealist View. Idealists regard Revelation solely as a book explaining the greater ongoing battle between good and evil in the world. They don’t take any of it as a literal description of events that have happened or are to happen but largely allegorize the entirety.
    4. The Futurist View. Futurists view Revelation as a prophetic book written in the apocalyptic style using symbolic language to discuss what will happen in Heaven and on earth just before the final judgment and God’s restoration, where He makes all things new.

Very well defined

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Very well defined
    Just remembered seeing these when I was doing some studying a year or so ago.

5. Member
    I would be in the futurist camp, but note there is a bit of history weaved into the book.

6. Member

I would argue the accurate method is #4. If a person really reads and studies revelation, apart from listening to another's view, it seems clear that it is a future prophetic timeline. This will a good "iron sharpens iron" thread :)
    the preterist view is by far the most inaccurate and requires ignoring the entire book :) unless we accept that all the judgements have taken place.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Just remembered seeing these when I was doing some studying a year or so ago.
    We all took a deep dive into this with dozer last year :) definitely sharpened us all

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    We all took a deep dive into this with dozer last year :) definitely sharpened us all

9. Member
    GP, first thing i notice in the video is the guy at the 0:35 mark worried he accidentally took the mark. The mark will be very clear based on rev13. You won't accidentally take it.

16He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17and that no one may buy or sell except one who has [g]the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

10. Member
    That is true because we also know that under the alter are the souls of those who were slain for not taking the mark. There seems to be a very clear decision to be made at the time we see the mark coming about.