Screen Protector or No Screen Protector?

What are you guys using (if anything) for a screen protector. Would like to keep my unit in good shape for resale, but don't want to lose clarity. Thanks.

Its a good idea - will protect screen and also makes cleaning much easier. Graph glass is what I prefer. The clear version will not decrease clarity or decrease touch sensitivity.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

3. Member
    Very much agree! It also prevents chemicals(bug spray and sun block) among others from permanently spotting the coatings on the glass. This is what I consider a must have! If it a touch screen it works much better than the plain coatings. Smoother movement and more touch accuracy.( the easy clean feature is even more important here). JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

4. Member
    I found these screen protectors from Germany that work well and are much cheaper than stuff like graph glass. For device type use car electronics & navigation. I have one on my Helix and one on my Solix. https://www.protectionfilms24.com/
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

5. Member
    I have the clear graph glass from precision sonar. You will get glare when the sun is shiny on the unit. Still workable and protects the screen from impact but glare is inevitable on a sunny day. For the best clarity go without a protector and take your chances you aren’t going to smack the screen.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Its a good idea - will protect screen and also makes cleaning much easier. Graph glass is what I prefer. The clear version will not decrease clarity or decrease touch sensitivity.
    Exactly, first thing I did when I bought my solix units
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    I found these screen protectors from Germany that work well and are much cheaper than stuff like graph glass. For device type use car electronics & navigation. I have one on my Helix and one on my Solix. https://www.protectionfilms24.com/
    I used one of those.before the Apex 13 GG came out. OK but it won’t stop a weight hitting the screen from cracking it.

8. Member
    I’ve had a couple of different ones. I like the ones from Russell Marine best.

9. Member
    I have had Russell also, it worked just as well but did not have one for Apex at the time. The hardened glass is the key for me

Bob mentioned a couple good points first it’s not going to stop a one ounce weight from cracking the screen and chemicals such as bug and sun sprays to fish attractants can do damage as well

I put the antiglare version of the graph glass on my Solix and I think it did take away from the image quality just a little and I still get some glare but worth the cost because one of the things I noticed is the Solix has a softer screen than the other brand I have and it’s much easier to scratch

Frist day out with my Solix I bumped the screen with the butt of a rod and put a scratch at the bottom of the screen

Thank goodness it’s not in the viewing area yet I’ve done that a few times on the other brand and no scratches

Next time you’re in BPS or Cabela’s run your finger over the screens or tap them and you can actually feel the difference in material used The Solix has more of a plastic feel and the other brand as an actual glass feel

So I suggest the first thing anyone does is invest in a screen protector even if it takes away from the image because it’s cheaper than having the screen replaced
    "The handicapped angler"

11. Member
    I highly recommend running a tempered glass screen protector. I do not care for the anti glare options. https://www.russellmarineproducts.co...reen-protector

12. Member
    I have clear graph glass on my helix 7 and I’m putting the same thing on my helix 10s Saturday.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E