Thread: Transom Saver

Transom Saver

Looking for a transom saver for my CX18ss. Want one that goes from the trailer to the motor. Not interested in any other type or not looking to discuss the differences between them. Just want to know which one you purchased that worked.

2. Member
    My neighbor bought a 1yo Nitro a couple months ago and it had that style transom saver on it…. By the time he got it back from to Texas from Missouri the lower unit had two perfect holes in the lower unit casing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    My neighbor bought a 1yo Nitro a couple months ago and it had that style transom saver on it…. By the time he got it back from to Texas from Missouri the lower unit had two perfect holes in the lower unit casing.
    He should have made sure the rubber was still intact, that's the only way it could have put a hole in his lower unit. The current fad in transom "savers" does nothing but stop bounce. They do not relieve weight strain from the transom. I wouldn't run one if you paid me.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmward View Post
    He should have made sure the rubber was still intact, that's the only way it could have put a hole in his lower unit. The current fad in transom "savers" does nothing but stop bounce. They do not relieve weight strain from the transom. I wouldn't run one if you paid me.
    The rubbers were on there so no, it’s not the only way.

Never heard of this happening. I still want one. Just need to measure from motor to roller next time I have the boat on the trailer so I can get the right size.

6. Member
    I used this one for years with my Triton.

http://old.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...ers-heavy-duty

but used a MotorTote one for longer than that one and currently use one for my Ranger.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559