Mega live Issues

So here is a issue that I have and it has never happen but recently. Gen 4 helix 10 and mega live are all updated to latest software. The Mega live unit has been replaced by humminbird last week and this is still happening. Mega live is on switched power from A new 31 group AGM that powers all 3 of my units and has a good clean power source. All this started when I got my boat back after having to have my lower unit replaced and it sat in the rain and weather for 5 weeks connectors were exposedto weather but the units were off whileit was in service. . Maybe its a coincidence but seems odd to me . The connector wires look fine and no corrosion is visible. The mega live will loose connection to the unit after it runs for 3-4 hours the message is mega live source not found .I can power everything down and reboot and it will connect but then freeze after 15-20 min and the same message pops up mega live source not found . My suspension was the switch ck the power had 12 v in but only 5 v comming out , so I installed a new switch and the same thing happens. One quick thing also my mega 360 recives its power from the same power source as the mega live does and the mega 360 will continue to work . My next step is to bypass the switch and wire it directly to battery power and try a different ethernet cable. I know that Mega live is funny about power and needs a good clean power source which I do. Just curious if any one has experienced a issue like this before .

2. Member
    I have a 12 gauge wire coming off the battery into the mega live and helix unit with an inline fuses, With an on off switch for units. I eliminate any issues with any suspension or other toggles. And doesn’t hurt to check the Ethernet connection at the transducer side if it was out in the elements.
    Last edited by fish_finder1; 05-30-2023 at 02:51 PM.