Freezing AFTER software update

HDS Live hooked to AT1 with dedicated power, never had one minutes problem with either one. Updated the software on both this weekend, went today and wouldn’t you know it, AT froze twice!! This is definitely a software issue.

2. Member
    Wow! That’s jacked up. Makes you want to make copies of each update so you can downgrade an update
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

3. Member
    And I’m reading from AT2 guys, that it’s helping their graphs and now it’s screwing up us AT1 guys.

4. Member
    Man, I was going to update my Lives and my AT1 with the new software but I am thinking now that would be a mistake!!!

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Man, I was going to update my Lives and my AT1 with the new software but I am thinking now that would be a mistake!!!
    They went 17 months without an update, now I see why! Since I'm AT1 and Lives I don't see anything in this update for me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Ditto

7. Member
    Back your waypoints and trails up then do a hard reset on your units. Everything will then work fine.

8. Member
    I did a hard reset on my Carbon 12 yesterday, hoping that it would resolve my AT1 freezing and saying "no source". Unfortunately, it did not help me. Within an hour, mine did it again.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captainrab View Post
    Wow! That’s jacked up. Makes you want to make copies of each update so you can downgrade an update

That would be great. The problem right now is the software that came loaded on AT2 was never on the lowrance site for us to download it to have to rollback to if the new update acts up. The newest live units that have the .37 load on them is also a nonexistent software so once it’s updated that’s your starting point now. There is no where at all to download the .37 to have as a backup. I wish there was a way to copy the software from the AT2 box and from the .37 live unit to a sd card so I could have a fall back version.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    That would be great. The problem right now is the software that came loaded on AT2 was never on the lowrance site for us to download it to have to rollback to if the new update acts up. The newest live units that have the .37 load on them is also a nonexistent software so once it’s updated that’s your starting point now. There is no where at all to download the .37 to have as a backup. I wish there was a way to copy the software from the AT2 box and from the .37 live unit to a sd card so I could have a fall back version.
    This is exactly why I am holding off! I have 2 Lives with .37 software and 2- Lives with the 22.? software. Running AT1. I think If I tried updating with the new software I really would be screwed by what I can read on this board! At least my AT 1 works on 22.? . The Lives with the .37 software are flaky and dont communicate well or share maps!!

11. Member
    The tech gal from Lowrance told me that since I have the HDS Live 12 factory installed 22.1.1 - 65.1.37, there is no way to load any older versions on it after you upgrade to the 23.3 - 67.3.25 .upd. AND they don't have any copies of the .37 so you can't go back. Also, you can't save your .37 factory install to a micro sd! She said that I should test my older HDS Live with the 22.1.1 - 65.1.18 .upd with the 23.3 upgrade so that I can go back to the .18 if it has issues. It's a lot of work since my boat is 2 hours away. I have no problem loading software here at the house, but many of these things need to be tested on the water. Currently, everything works on my units now even though I am networking a Carbon 7 (.18) & HDS Live 9 (.18) with a HDS Live 12 (.37). I have no issues except stitching. Currently one of the stitches is directly below me as I do vertical jigging as I am in forward mode! I tried to switch to down view, but it is too limiting for my type of fishing. Does anyone have the AT1 22.1.1 - 65.1.18 - Standard 1.riw? I must have missed that update; I am using 22.1 - 65.1.14. Thanks, Mike