Mysterious water issue

I have a 2006 pantera classic and I’ve had this issue since I’ve owned the boat with water up against the driver console. This water is 100% coming from below the floor and not from above. Locker was bone dry when I put in sunday morning when I went for a short test ride. When I returned back to my dock just like I suspected the water has come from underneath and wet the carpet up against the console. To my understanding underneath the storage compartment is a fully foamed and sealed area which runs to transom. Where would this water be coming from? Does this mean the foam compartment is filled full of water somehow? The only time it ever really drys is when my boat sits for a week or more in hot weather but as soon as the boat moves whether it’s on the trailer or in the water it becomes soaked. Is their anyway I can resolve this issue? I was planning on repowering and keeping this boat for quite a while but now i am concerned their is a serious issue.

Any and all help is very much appreciated!

Could it be a speedometer or water pressure gauge line leaking? I had that happen with speedo line.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

The water usually is bilge water that jettisons through the Vee drain and gushes to the sides when it hits the tip of the bow. This water is excess in the bilge and be sure you pump the bilge from water that gets in running, stopping, and other. There was a block of foam in the center sump on a 2009 model. That often shifts and even has gotten removed over time. The foam prevented travel and had a PVC tube under it.

4. Member
    If it was from the bilge would the front of the box not be wet? The thing is this also happens when I trailer it with the plug out and zero water in the bilge which leads me to think that foam box is full of water. I do not have a speedometer and it is not the water pressure.

Weighing a rig will tell you how much moisture is in those cavities, that is, if there is a considerable volume. On a boat over 15 years of age, it’s hard to say from a post.

6. Member
    What would basscat suggest I do to check if it is indeed full of water? If it is indeed full is there anyway it can be fixed. Could it be brought to a dealer to inspect it? I plan on keeping this boat for quite sometime. My thought if their is a lot of moisture and with being in a cold environment could it potentially freeze and pop the hull.

A thermal camera would be our start. Place it inside at night, and let it normally warm the next day shaded. Anything retaining water should show on a thermal camera.