Spro Frog body creeping up hook assembly

Fished a local pond yesterday that was too full of vegetation to throw anything but topwater. They liked a frog and it was a good day. But also quite frustrating. Seems that almost every time a nice fish was landed, I'd find the hollow body creeping up and folded on the hook assembly. No matter what I did I could not get the frog body back in place. Luckily I had enough frogs in my box to keep changing them out, as the frogs became worthless leaving the hooks fully exposed. Am I somehow overlooking an obvious solution here??
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

2. Member
    Few dots of super glue? May help.

3. Member
    Ive got a few ponds I fish and frogs is my favorite thing to throw on low pressured fish. Buy the cheapest frogs you can find and let them destroy them. You just gotta put them back together best you can.

20230529_203927.jpg
    Lol, jokes on me
    Frog body had rotated 180*. I'm laughing at myself now. Just posting this thread made me realize that the hooks suddenly pointed down. Walked out to the barn, snapped a pic and called myself an idiot. I had even gone as far as PM the resident Frog expert.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    20230529_203927.jpg
    Lol, jokes on me
    Frog body had rotated 180*. I'm laughing at myself now. Just posting this thread made me realize that the hooks suddenly pointed down. Walked out to the barn, snapped a pic and called myself an idiot. I had even gone as far as PM the resident Frog expert.
    So did Ish get a laugh also?

6. Member
    My spro frogs don’t seem to last very long, the rubber gets funky for some reason, maybe the heat.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    My spro frogs don’t seem to last very long, the rubber gets funky for some reason, maybe the heat.
    You can replace those rubber legs yourself. There were some posts here years ago on how to change them out. Try a search here
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    You can replace those rubber legs yourself. There were some posts here years ago on how to change them out. Try a search here

mine happens to the body, it gets deformed and doesn’t want to walk, it’s odd and it’s happened to several of them now.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    baby powder in tackle box
    helps the skirt stay lively

10. Member
    This fixed my issue with the spro frogs. Finally found one that I can catch dozens of fish on. Some of mine are going on three years old now.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Scum...cpage-SLN.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    This fixed my issue with the spro frogs. Finally found one that I can catch dozens of fish on. Some of mine are going on three years old now.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Scum...cpage-SLN.html
    Sunday afternoon I ordered a bunch of 6th sense, a MB Big Gabot, and a few Blitz Buzz Phrogs. It was a panic order thinking that my Spros were becoming one-time use. Oh well, I should be well stocked for a while lol

12. Member
    Spro's have gotten to the point where the weights fall out or the nose tears pretty easily for me. I haven't found a perfect frog yet, but the toad thumper frogs are pretty damn good. Started using them last year and they walk super easy and hookups are good. I have lost a few weights bombing into heavy pads, but I haven't found a darn frog yet that wont and these seemed better than others.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    Spro's have gotten to the point where the weights fall out or the nose tears pretty easily for me. I haven't found a perfect frog yet, but the toad thumper frogs are pretty damn good. Started using them last year and they walk super easy and hookups are good. I have lost a few weights bombing into heavy pads, but I haven't found a darn frog yet that wont and these seemed better than others.
    I have a few toad thumpers on order, I really like the launch frog though. Only issue I have had is with those thick pads on the Mississippi rivers. If it lands upside down its almost impossible to get back.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    I like spro's poppin frog, but for the reasons above I started using the river 2 sea frogs.
    Fish have fins, they swim

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I have a few toad thumpers on order, I really like the launch frog though. Only issue I have had is with those thick pads on the Mississippi rivers. If it lands upside down its almost impossible to get back.
    Those big pads are brutal on frogs. Seems to be when I'm losing weights and tearing up frogs the most.