V20/V21 owners…short guy help

Hey folks! I have short guy problems in my V20. I can’t see over the console that well enough especially on hole shot. I currently use a throwable pfd as a booster. Anyone install something permanent to increase seat height? I’ve done a lot of web searches but nothing has turned out with something specific to the V20. The main concern is accidentally tapping into the fuel tank under the seats. TIA!

2. Member
    I purchased some 1" thick star board from McMaster-Carr and put under the seat so I could get enough height to see over my graph. I actually raised the port seat 1" and the drivers seat 1 1/2". The things you'll do to mount a 16" graph
    2018 Legend V20
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by Old hurst View Post
    I purchased some 1" thick star board from McMaster-Carr and put under the seat so I could get enough height to see over my graph. I actually raised the port seat 1" and the drivers seat 1 1/2". The things you'll do to mount a 16" graph
    Did you just reuse the existing screw holes with longer screws to accommodate the additional 1”?

4. Member
    Yes. The hardest part is lining up the back screws. I just marked and redrilled holes in the back of the seat the same amount I raised the seats. Use a small piece of stiff wire or an awl to help find the holes.
    2018 Legend V20
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    Deans Top and Canvas in Mountain Home made an upholstered riser to match the seats. It was a simple plastic riser that had the same dimensions as the mounting base of the seat. It mounted to the boat and the seat mounted to the riser. They could probably still make a set to match the seats in the boat. Or fabricating your own wouldn't be too difficult either.

Ok thanks!

I have yet to take the seat off, which I think would really help me give me confidence and a visual on how I can and can’t install something.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    Deans Top and Canvas in Mountain Home made an upholstered riser to match the seats. It was a simple plastic riser that had the same dimensions as the mounting base of the seat. It mounted to the boat and the seat mounted to the riser. They could probably still make a set to match the seats in the boat. Or fabricating your own wouldn't be too difficult either.
    will have to check this out. Wonder if they recall or have a blueprint of the one they made. Was this specifically for a V20?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomacho View Post
    will have to check this out. Wonder if they recall or have a blueprint of the one they made. Was this specifically for a V20?
    Yes It was specific to the V20 V21. You could possibly provide your Hull ID number and they may still have the original order details on file.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    Yes It was specific to the V20 V21. You could possibly provide your Hull ID number and they may still have the original order details on file.
    Thanks for the info! Will contact them.