99 johnson 90hp ignition question

Pulled the carbs off my motor this morning looking for anything obvious causing the motor to starve for fuel after running wot after a few hundred yards. All looked ok on the carbs except for one gasket that seats to the intake. Ive got the carb kits coming this week to rebuild. So I had the motor running on muffs after all was put back together and I pulled each plug wire off to make sure it was getting spark to each cylinder. All but one made a difference in the way the motor idled, but I could see good spark when putting the wire close to the plug. Swapped the plug and it made no difference. Motor compression is 115 on each cylinder. Is this normal?

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Hold a piece of paper over the carb with the motor running and see if it gets sucked in to the carb or puffed away. If it gets puffed away check the intake manifold gasket and the reeds.

3. Member
    All carbs reacted the same with paper, would suck it in affect motor idle. I did find issue with fuel delivery to motor. Found plastic line from new fuel line packed in line at anti-syphon valve. Hopefully after I get the carb kits all will be ok. Thanks for your replies