Nascar and the Anthem!

L CPL Marine at the 600. Sung the correct way IMO.

2. Member
    Dang I was looking on Fox sp ch. just found the race. I wish Fox would leave the races on one ch or the other. Just keep it on the same ch.

She did a Great job!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

4. Member
    Is there any where online to see it ? Thanks.

"When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

6. Member
    Found it. She did a Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Is there any where online to see it ? Thanks.

8. Member
    From the 2nd Marine Airwing Band, stationed at Cherry Point, NC. A quick tutorial on Marine Bands:

Presidents Own: These are professional musicians, many (if not all) have graduate degrees in music and the requirements are very stringent, from musical capability to height and weight standards. They do not go to recruit training (boot camp) and are stationed at Marine Barracks at 8th and I Street in DC.

Commandants Own (Drum and Bugle Corps): Again stringent standards with auditions, they do go to recruit training, then to music school as their MilitaryOccupational Specialty (MOS). Also in DC.

Marine Bands at multiple bases (7 or 8 I think): Must pass an audition, boot camp, then go to music school and are assigned to a band. They are also provisional infantry and routinely train as such. Primary mission when they deploy with their organizations is headquarters security. So yes, they do much more than provide great musical support for retirements, change of commands, public venues.

9. Member

she was excellent!

What were your thoughts on Jewel singing the anthem ay the Indy 500?
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    From the 2nd Marine Airwing Band, stationed at Cherry Point, NC. A quick tutorial on Marine Bands:

Presidents Own: These are professional musicians, many (if not all) have graduate degrees in music and the requirements are very stringent, from musical capability to height and weight standards. They do not go to recruit training (boot camp) and are stationed at Marine Barracks at 8th and I Street in DC.

Commandants Own (Drum and Bugle Corps): Again stringent standards with auditions, they do go to recruit training, then to music school as their MilitaryOccupational Specialty (MOS). Also in DC.

Marine Bands at multiple bases (7 or 8 I think): Must pass an audition, boot camp, then go to music school and are assigned to a band. They are also provisional infantry and routinely train as such. Primary mission when they deploy with their organizations is headquarters security. So yes, they do much more than provide great musical support for retirements, change of commands, public venues.
    Never knew, thanks.

12. Member
    RonCat thanks for that information, never knew about the bands and musicians.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI