Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    86'd comes from an old saying "8 feet long, 6 feet down." It obviously refers to burying some one or some thing. It is also linked to the old F -86 fighter planes. When one shot down an enemy the enemy was "86'd" Now days it relates more to eliminating someone or something completely.

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I know the no info rule is broken. And I know some make sure to not break the no info rule.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    If he has proof someone is cheating and doesn’t file a protest, then he’s allowing it to continue.

He’s mentioning guys getting waypoints, but doesn’t mention the sizable number of guys who all show up to fish the exact same offshore spot and never see any of the others practicing there. It’s gone on for years, and will continue to go on.
    Your're correct on both. For me, the guys that break any rules or who encroach or fish other competitors spots are both cheaters. Nothing honorable about either.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    I figured Seth was taking about Sprague.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    If rules had to be created or modified then how would that be cheating?
    because wheeler is known for (and has admitted to) purposely combing over the rules to find a loophole, or expose a loose definition to gain an advantage. To everyone else he broke the rules but because those rules didn’t specifically define a term he hasn’t been punished much and they end up adding to the rules because of people like him.

Example: the elites clarified the definition of a “disabled boat” after his first elite win that was protested by a lot of anglers. To everyone else, and anyone that isn’t shady, a disabled boat means losing all means of mechanical movement. his trolling motor batteries didn’t charge the night before so he argued he was “disabled” when they died, and he refused to have his batteries changed when BASS staff determined that was the correct protocol. Based on rules, a “disabled” angler maybfish in another competitors boat. So he refused BASS help and hopped in Connells boat, told him where to go and he won the tournament.

He is still the best angler on the planet, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t shady.

idk about you, but I have a feider mindset when it comes to rules. They are black and white and anyone who purposely looks for loopholes to gain an advantage against friends arent the type id want to fish against or be friends with.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 05-29-2023 at 07:20 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    he has been fined several times for getting info after cut off date
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

7. dartag1829
    If he has proof someone is cheating and doesn’t file a protest, then he’s allowing it to continue.

He’s mentioning guys getting waypoints, but doesn’t mention the sizable number of guys who all show up to fish the exact same offshore spot and never see any of the others practicing there. It’s gone on for years, and will continue to go on.
    If your statement is true the one knowing there is cheating is just as guilty as the cheater. They are supposed to report any infraction to the director or they could get a penalty.

Would imagine it is going on. Guys will be on St Clair in a next month. Bet a lot of them are getting waypoints. They always seem to " Land Right On Them " as the young kids say.

Thinking it is just another You Tube Video looking for views and likes.

If so many BBC’ers know that the no info rule is broken, why doesn’t B.A.S.S. also know it? If they know, why haven’t they DQ’ed the violators? I have no doubt that a few competitors might violate the no info rule. If B.A.S.S. suspects someone it would be pretty easy to lay a trap for them. Heck, if anyone knows that a particular pro violates the no info rule, it would be pretty easy to record them and turn them in.

Violating the no info rule is a black and white issue. Allowing some competitors to violate this rule, while DQ’ing others who are in the gray area seems like misplaced effort to me.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    If so many BBC’ers know that the no info rule is broken, why doesn’t B.A.S.S. also know it? If they know, why haven’t they DQ’ed the violators? I have no doubt that a few competitors might violate the no info rule. If B.A.S.S. suspects someone it would be pretty easy to lay a trap for them. Heck, if anyone knows that a particular pro violates the no info rule, it would be pretty easy to record them and turn them in.

Violating the no info rule is a black and white issue. Allowing some competitors to violate this rule, while DQ’ing others who are in the gray area seems like misplaced effort to me.
    and I think that is exactly what Seth is saying. "poster child" he said.. Wheeler.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    because wheeler is known for (and has admitted to) purposely combing over the rules to find a loophole, or expose a loose definition to gain an advantage. To everyone else he broke the rules but because those rules didn’t specifically define a term he hasn’t been punished much and they end up adding to the rules because of people like him.

Example: the elites clarified the definition of a “disabled boat” after his first elite win that was protested by a lot of anglers. To everyone else, and anyone that isn’t shady, a disabled boat means losing all means of mechanical movement. his trolling motor broke so he argued he was “disabled” and refused to have his batteries changed when BASS staff determined that was the correct protocol. Based on rules, a “disabled” angler maybfish in another competitors boat. So he refused BASS help and hopped in Connells boat, told him where to go and he won the tournament.

He is still the best angler on the planet, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t shady.

idk about you, but I have a feider mindset when it comes to rules. They are black and white and anyone who purposely looks for loopholes to gain an advantage against friends arent the type id want to fish against or be friends with.
    I’m with ya on this

11. Member
    Is it a rules violation if my depthfinder breaks and my buddy who lives on the lake but doesn't fish elites lets me use his during an elite tx? Is that a gray area?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Is it a rules violation if my depthfinder breaks and my buddy who lives on the lake but doesn't fish elites lets me use his during an elite tx? Is that a gray area?
    I think if you have to change boats due to an issue, the loaner boat has to have waypoints deleted.

13. dartag1829
    Need someone to read his body language during that interview. His manners were strange. He kept looking every directon and seemed very nervous. Mercer was treading lightly to. Can't be calling out any of His Guys.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Do you live under a rock?

What hasn’t he been accused of? He has initiated rule creation or modification for things he has done in tournaments.
    Here you go again, baseless claims.

prove something....

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    he has been fined several times for getting info after cut off date
    Who? You have a reputable link?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post

Example: the elites clarified the definition of a “disabled boat” after his first elite win that was protested by a lot of anglers. To everyone else, and anyone that isn’t shady, a disabled boat means losing all means of mechanical movement. his trolling motor batteries didn’t charge the night before so he argued he was “disabled” when they died, and he refused to have his batteries changed when BASS staff determined that was the correct protocol. Based on rules, a “disabled” angler maybfish in another competitors boat. So he refused BASS help and hopped in Connells boat, told him where to go and he won the tournament.

No one protested him. It was decided what he did was within the rules.

Doesn’t matter whether or not you like it, there was no decision that he broke rules.

What’s your opinion on multiple guys showing up on the exact same offshore waypoints, when none of the competitors saw the others on the same exact spot?

17. Member

Doesn’t matter whether or not you like it, there was no decision that he broke rules.

What’s your opinion on multiple guys showing up on the exact same offshore waypoints, when none of the competitors saw the others on the same exact spot?
    Yes they determined the rules didn’t define what a breakdown or disabled boat is but they revised the rule to provide clarification for future events.

Regarding offshore spots, if it’s a huge lake, I’d say there’s definitely some info/waypoint sharing going on. I realize that’s more rampant than anything
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Exactly, he did not break any rules, and nothing wrong with taking advantage of "loopholes".

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Need someone to read his body language during that interview. His manners were strange. He kept looking every directon and seemed very nervous. Mercer was treading lightly to. Can't be calling out any of His Guys.
    You noticed that too. Fieder was dodging for sure, and Mercer is too much of a fanboy to ask tough questions.

20. Member
    Who? You have a reputable link?
    Can't spill the beans on that. But I promise you, it is legit. I wouldn't post something like that if I wasn't 100% confident in my source. But understand this, Wheeler is one of the best ever, and certainly is right now. I do not like the way he does things but I will give credit where it is due. But he and a few of his boys have been fined for the same thing. Apparently MLF doesn't consider it a major offense.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast