Thread: Ghost question

Ghost question

Posted this in the trolling motor section but no response. Anyone had this happen?
    Was fishing today Ghost was working perfect. Moved to another location hit spot lock all was well. Then all of a sudden it started making noises sounded like it was gonna blow up. Prop wasn’t spinning but the lower unit was doing 360’s. Turned it off and back on but started doing the same thing. Wouldn’t turn when I stowed it. Anyone have any ideas what could cause this? Thanks for any insight y’all might have.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbevins View Post
    Posted this in the trolling motor section but no response. Anyone had this happen?
    Was fishing today Ghost was working perfect. Moved to another location hit spot lock all was well. Then all of a sudden it started making noises sounded like it was gonna blow up. Prop wasn’t spinning but the lower unit was doing 360’s. Turned it off and back on but started doing the same thing. Wouldn’t turn when I stowed it. Anyone have any ideas what could cause this? Thanks for any insight y’all might have.
    I would suggest calling customer support.

If it were mine, I would perform a factory reset (directions are in either the installation manual or the operations manual). If that didn't fix it, I would then call customer support. Lowrance has a separate support department specifically for the Ghost, and they are really good.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    Called Lowrance. Not much help. Told me to take it to a service center.