Thread: Hampton Lake

Hampton Lake

FL. BBC
    I got to go to Hampton Lake for the first time. Even though I have lived in this area for 18 years. Beautiful little lake but all the grass is dead or dying. What a shame. Not sure why. No sign of spraying all the other foliage is alive and thriving. (Kissimmee Grass, Torpedo Grass, Buggy whips, sawgrass, reed, cattails, and lilies). The Hydrilla and Coon tail dead

Did manage to scrape up a few no size.

Happy Memorial Day,
    Prayers to all VETS and their families especially those that lost loved ones.

Thank YOU

2. Banned
    Is Hampton close to Starke?

3. Member
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

That ramp is a GEM too, tight parking and you have to back down a loooong way. LOL

Spanky

5. Banned
    I fished that lake one time a few years back, and Spanky is right about the ramp

6. Member
    Up until about 10 yrs. Ago it was a hidden gem. Predominantly a rec lake. Ski and jet ski. The bed and breakfast closed down so not as busy ,but yes in late winter they spray to keep the submergent grass down. There has been some days lately with good schooling action and last full moon a few days of decent top water bite. Anymore unless they are schooling we chase bait balls or fish drops and brush piles. I don't frequent it much anymore as it's just not worth the effort. There are better or as good close by
    Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    97 Gambler Intimidater / 200 EFI Merc