January suggestions

Just booked a couple of weeks in Key largo for January 12-26th. Looking for recommendations for a lake and guide for a day of fishing. Distance is not an issue for me driving.

2. Banned
    You will be at one of the best saltwater fishing areas there are and you want to bass fish in the winter, which is usually one of the toughest times of the year? Lol

3. Member
    I am asking for bass fishing suggestions on a bass fishing website. My apologies if my interests do not meet with your approval ACESOVER.

2hr and 16min. to Roland Martin's fish resort in Clewiston. They are already in spawn mode and alot of pre spawn at that time. It is South end of Lake Okeechobee.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

give Capt Shane a call 305 409 7542, for peacocks in the glades.

What BOATS posted, 100%, and Im sure ACESOVER was just joking although what he stated was true, we are pretty laid back on the Florida page no need to get feathers ruffled.

Spanky

10 min drive north of Key Largo is the Aerojet canal. Crazy peacock fishing there and the LM fishing is great...you can just walk the bank. Just keep an eye out for gators and crocks.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    10 min drive north of Key Largo is the Aerojet canal. Crazy peacock fishing there and the LM fishing is great...you can just walk the bank. Just keep an eye out for gators and crocks.
    Cwilt,

That sounds intriguing, is that water brackish or much more salty than brackish? I will have a bass boat with me and this ramp looks like good access:

Southern Glades Trail, Key Largo, FL 33037

Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    Cwilt,

That sounds intriguing, is that water brackish or much more salty than brackish? I will have a bass boat with me and this ramp looks like good access:

Southern Glades Trail, Key Largo, FL 33037
    The ramp is mediocre, its pretty steep. The area can be sketchy, its off the beaten path. But the fishing is great. It does have a slightly higher salinity but it is considered fresh not brackish. The LM bass in aero jet fight alot harder compared to lake O or the glades... Don't know why. We have a club tournement there sat night. I have seen a 9 lb LM caught out of there. Just be careful running, there are manatees in there. I haven't been there in a few months and was told the water is really clear, that you can see 15 feet down, makes for tough LM fishing during daylight hours but the peacock fishing makes up for it.

Forgot to mention, make sure if you fish during low light you have some sort of protection. Between the deer flies, horse flies, mosquitoes and no-see-ems, intense is an understatement.

Adding more. There is also a canal called the park-line canal. It is right before the entrance to Everglades National Park. It's not to big but it has fish. Haven't been there in a few years.
    Next place you can go is in the glades. Take chrome Ave north to hwy 41(Tamiami trail) then go west 15 miles. Use Google earth in that area lots of ramps to choose from L67A or L67C, i fish here alot. Both are great fishing.
    Last edited by cwilt; 06-10-2023 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Add more info.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

10. Member
    Thank you, great information!