Thread: New 19trx owner

New 19trx owner

New Here so thanks for having me. Just switched from a zx200 skeeter to a 2022 19trx with a 225pro xs. I've got a hydraulic jack plate and was just curious if anyone had a general idea on where these boats like motor sitting. I'm going to play with it but was looking for a good starting point. I've seen 2.5-3.75 prop to pad. Anybody running a similar setup have any better advice? 2 8 foot blades and a fury prop. Forgot to check the pitch!!!!

2. Member
    Can’t be of any help with ur question, I just wanted to welcome u to the boards.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Can’t be of any help with ur question, I just wanted to welcome u to the boards.
    Thank ya! Happy to be here!

4. Member
    My 23 19 TRX has a hydraulic jack plate, 2 8' Power Poles, the standard Fury prop, not sure of the size, plus I have all lithium batteries. I've had many boats thru the years but this is the first with a hydraulic jp. I was just starting to get used to it (only have a little over 5 hours on the engine) when I had a total knee replacement done a few weeks ago. I'm out of action for a while but I did get to experiment with it some. I ran it in some rough water and kept it low which seemed to help with the ride. I tried it for speed and reached mid 60's with it set kind of low. It started chine walking pretty bad but as I raised it the chine walking calmed down and I hit just a bit over 70. I did trim the engine down just a bit as there was still just a little chine walk. All this was by feel and I couldn't tell you the height of the jp.

Speed is not a priority for me as I'm just a retired guy that only fishes weekdays and for fun only. Still I do like to know what the boat can do if I need it. The problem I was having is where is the sweet spot and replicating it. I can turn around and kind of see the tape measure on the Atlas but that didn't work for me as I'm just doing a quick glance and prefer to keep my eyes ahead of the boat. Right before my surgery I ordered an Atlas jp gauge which I had planned on installing but before I got it the surgeon had a cancellation and they called me to see if I wanted to take that spot. The gauge came the day of my surgery so it's sitting in the boat waiting for me to be able to start climbing in the boat again. I think it will be really useful in being able to replicate the settings. Once I figure out the best setting for speed, rpm's, chine walk control and water pressure I can go right back to that setting every time, I think, I hope.

I know this didn't help much with your questions as I kind of have the same ones. I'm not sure the gauge is the answer but I'm hoping it will be.
    Last edited by jtrac; 05-29-2023 at 07:38 AM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    My 23 19 TRX has a hydraulic jack plate, 2 8' Power Poles, the standard Fury prop, not sure of the size, plus I have all lithium batteries. I've had many boats thru the years but this is the first with a hydraulic jp. I was just starting to get used to it (only have a little over 5 hours on the engine) when I had a total knee replacement done a few weeks ago. I'm out of action for a while but I did get to experiment with it some. I ran it in some rough water and kept it low which seemed to help with the ride. I tried it for speed and reached mid 60's with it set kind of low. It started chine walking pretty bad but as I raised it the chine walking calmed down and I hit just a bit over 70. I did trim the engine down just a bit as there was still just a little chine walk. All this was by feel and I couldn't tell you the height of the jp.

Speed is not a priority for me as I'm just a retired guy that only fishes weekdays and for fun only. Still I do like to know what the boat can do if I need it. The problem I was having is where is the sweet spot and replicating it. I can turn around and kind of see the tape measure on the Atlas but that didn't work for me as I'm just doing a quick glance and prefer to keep my eyes ahead of the boat. Right before my surgery I ordered an Atlas jp gauge which I had planned on installing but before I got it the surgeon had a cancellation and they called me to see if I wanted to take that spot. The gauge came the day of my surgery so it's sitting in the boat waiting for me to be able to start climbing in the boat again. I think it will be really useful in being able to replicate the settings. Once I figure out the best setting for speed, rpm's, chine walk control and water pressure I can go right back to that setting every time, I think, I hope.

I know this didn't help much with your questions as I kind of have the same ones. I'm not sure the gauge is the answer but I'm hoping it will be.

I played with is yesterday and the boat definitely prefers the motor up pretty high. I have the atlas Gauge on the boat and anywhere below 7 at WOT was pretty intense in terms of chine walk. I did notice that with the jack pplate on that setting that it required very little trim. I got to 67 and ran out of lake but it seamed pretty close to all it had. I could maybe raise the plate a little more and play with the trim but with it being new to me, I didn't want to "drive it" too much without getting more comfortable with it. My zx200 cruised 67-68 with no chine walk so this is an experience to say the least haha!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redheadted View Post
    I played with is yesterday and the boat definitely prefers the motor up pretty high. I have the atlas Gauge on the boat and anywhere below 7 at WOT was pretty intense in terms of chine walk. I did notice that with the jack pplate on that setting that it required very little trim. I got to 67 and ran out of lake but it seamed pretty close to all it had. I could maybe raise the plate a little more and play with the trim but with it being new to me, I didn't want to "drive it" too much without getting more comfortable with it. My zx200 cruised 67-68 with no chine walk so this is an experience to say the least haha!
    When I hit 70 there was just a little chine walking. I left the jack plate height alone and trimmed the engine down some. At 67-68 it was just cruising and no chine walk. If I had had the gauge I could replicate it next time out. I think Triton's are more prone chine walk. You are right about the higher the engine the better the ride.

Where is your gauge mounted? I've been trying to decide a good place for it but no room on the dash with the 12" HDS the boat came with. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to see a picture of it.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    When I hit 70 there was just a little chine walking. I left the jack plate height alone and trimmed the engine down some. At 67-68 it was just cruising and no chine walk. If I had had the gauge I could replicate it next time out. I think Triton's are more prone chine walk. You are right about the higher the engine the better the ride.

Where is your gauge mounted? I've been trying to decide a good place for it but no room on the dash with the 12" HDS the boat came with. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to see a picture of it.
    little more seat time and you wont need a gauge.