Banned

Question Keeping new bass cat carpet looking/feeling new

Had the heavy ounce bass cat carpet installed in my gambler about a year ago. What are things I can do to keep it it nice and soft. Fabric softener, scotch guard???? What are things not to do as well. Thanks

2. Member
    No idea how to make it soft. I "clean" mine 2-3 times/year with vigar + water mixture with scrub brush and thoroughly rinse. Once done, I use same brush and pull straight against nap direction to make it stand up. This helps to dry it faster and not matted down.

3. Member
    When my boat was new, I kept my fishing shoes in the boat and wore a different pair of shoes to load/unload to minimize the amount of gravel and grit I got from the parking lot.

4. Member
    sweep it often with a good vacuum with a spinning brush
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

We like slow flowing water and a wet vac. The carpet packs from gunk below surface, the fibers do compress from wear, though not bad. Most packing gets lifted with a wet vac once a year.

As for daily care, simply vacuum on occasion. Use Resolve and a soft brush lightly on any stains as the, as the fibers are polypropylene and won’t stain.

6. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    The best I've seen is to park it outside in a down pour. It pounds the dirt out, fluffs the carpet, and since it is soft water it doesn't make it hard. It has to be a good rain though that lasts for 5 to 10 minutes.

7. Member
    Carpet does not like the Florida sun, good luck.

Dont get it wet or fish out of the boat
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. Member
    As stated above... with my cougar carpet I vacuum often and brush the carpet with a medium stiffness brush before I shop vac to help lift the dirt. I have found that simple green works very well. I dilute with water in a sprayer and soak down the carpet. Let it sit for 5-10 min then brush it in. Let it sit for another 5-10 min then rinse with fresh water. You can see the dirt get lifted to the surface. I shop vac the wet carpet and let it dry. Any tough stains I use full consentrate simple green on the spot. Carpet smells fresh and looks brand new. I keep my carp very clean and after doing this process the water in the shop vac is black.

10. Member
    I rake mine with a wire dog brush after vacuuming.

I had new carpet installed this winter to my Stratos. I have added vacuuming it after every trip to my list. I believe a lot of grime from just trailering to and from the lake settles in the carpet. With the investment of new carpet I want to take care of it.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

12. Member
    I would not put any “protective” products on the carpet. Just keep it vacuumed regularly. When cleaning is needed, use the water flood, 50/50 water/vinegar scrub, reflood, and wet vac technique. Groom with a brush after if you wish. Do not use any soap products.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

vinegar and water only - no soap. cover on when towing in the rain to keep road dirt out