Thread: ORbit?

ORbit?

Seeking clarification on the ORbit feature that was advertised during the new HDS Pro launch. Getting conflicting information about whether it is available only on Pro models or will eventually be part of a software update for Lives, Carbons, etc. If anyone is using it, I'd appreciate some insight on how to activate it. Also would love your thoughts on how it functions. I know we've all been eagerly awaiting fixes to the bugs found in AT2 and .37 networking, so this was likely a priority for Lowrance over the past few months. Glad the update is out. Hopefully, it resolved some issues without creating new ones. I have yet to fish since updating, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Would like to fiddle with ORbit next time I'm out - if it exists on my unit (HDS Lives/Ghost), I'm not sure where to find it or activate it. After searching autopilot a while, I can't find anything except the usual preprogrammed turns, e.g., U-turn, etc., in navigation. Insight is appreciated.

2. Member
    Was not included in the new update. You can go on the Lowrance site and see what is included in each software update

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Thanks. I just wanted to be sure I didn’t miss it reading the update literature. Is it on the Pros currently? Just wondered if anyone has been using it and what their thoughts are. Can you confirm that it will be part of a software update for the Lives at some point?

4. Member
    I’m just a user like you. I’ll know when you know.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkinney6 View Post
    Seeking clarification on the ORbit feature that was advertised during the new HDS Pro launch. Getting conflicting information about whether it is available only on Pro models or will eventually be part of a software update for Lives, Carbons, etc. If anyone is using it, I'd appreciate some insight on how to activate it. Also would love your thoughts on how it functions. I know we've all been eagerly awaiting fixes to the bugs found in AT2 and .37 networking, so this was likely a priority for Lowrance over the past few months. Glad the update is out. Hopefully, it resolved some issues without creating new ones. I have yet to fish since updating, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Would like to fiddle with ORbit next time I'm out - if it exists on my unit (HDS Lives/Ghost), I'm not sure where to find it or activate it. After searching autopilot a while, I can't find anything except the usual preprogrammed turns, e.g., U-turn, etc., in navigation. Insight is appreciated.
    I was told (from basshopper, I think) that it would apply to Pro, Live, and maybe even Carbons also, as long as you have connected Ghost TM of course.

7. Member
    The new Ghost features was removed due to some
    technical issues still to be sorted out.