Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    Is that an article? Or an email someone sent to bass master? All the “I” and “me” and he never says who he is…. No author at the top, nothing at the bottom…. Who wrote it?
    It’s right up at the top - “written by Bernie Shultz”

-b-

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Tournament drama.
    My observation from my perspective as someone who could care less about professional fishing. I see all of this alleged “drama” injected into the mix as purely staged to stir interest into something that perhaps was lagging … like when The Deadliest Catch first started, it was basically a documentary about crab fishermen. Now it’s a soap opera with crab fishing as a background … I mean how long can you milk that premise and keep the average no attention span American tuning in ???? …. DRAMA !!!! …. They’ve done it to the news, sports and pretty much all other forms of entertainment, why should fishing be any different ?? Someone is laughing all the way to the bank.
    Ranting incoherently

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Well the old guy was the one who came in on the new guy.
    Yep.

4. Member
    Sounds like he apologized! Hang him!

5. Member
    he said he was sorry but then went on to blame Caleb for it all. laughable.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    SOME DRAMA QUEENS ON THE BBC loves this stuff.
    FIFY.

7. Member
    Irrelevant Bernie should chose wisely who he tries to bully. I doubt this situation would have ended the same if he tried his garbage with others like Livesay, Swindle, Herran and some others. DB move on his part!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Can't stand someone who is "I, I, I, me, me, me" it's mostly women that do that but if you look at the way he keeps his hair then that's all you really need to know.
    really?
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post

Not seeing any crying at all.

10. Member
    I read the article and did t take it as Bernie whining as much as giving his side.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    I read the article and did t take it as Bernie whining as much as giving his side.
    I tend to agree. As you know there always two sides to the story.

12. dartag1829
    Sounds like he got an article on the Bass website to promote Ike's show. Pro's know Facebook, Podcasts and videos are the way to get attention. Wonder if sponsors are tracking how much screen time good or bad they are getting in these little dust ups.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    That's the only argument that Bernie has, is that Caleb should've stopped by on day one to let him know he intended on fishing there day 2. Still no excuse for Bernie to cut in like he did though.
    Bernie is siting top 5 after day 1 and someone comes up to him and says hey I found fish in practice and saw you on the spot day 1. I got a early boat draw day 2 and I plan on fishing it...I really wonder what Bernie has to say. It sounds good that Bernie says Caleb should have said something but if Caleb really did say something Bernie never said how he would address the situation.

14. triton
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    I agree .....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

15. dartag1829
    Good news is there is another Elite Event this week. Will the Drama continue??. Keith is posting on Facebook calling guys Cry Babies. Getting to be a contest to see who can get the most coverage on Social Media.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Good news is there is another Elite Event this week. Will the Drama continue??. Keith is posting on Facebook calling guys Cry Babies. Getting to be a contest to see who can get the most coverage on Social Media.
    Surely there will be something happen and until then there will be enough individuals creating a few three- five page threads of Speculative Drama over something trivial to fulfill that need.

17. Member
    Bernie was in the wrong. He can cry all he wants to via a letter to the editor, but Caleb has won a blue trophy, and Bernie never will.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by morrcat33 View Post
    Bernie was in the wrong. He can cry all he wants to via a letter to the editor, but Caleb has won a blue trophy, and Bernie never will.
    Caleb pulls the same exact crap the Bernie does. Funny that when it happens to him he makes a post on social media, takes it down, and it ends up leading to the Bernie article
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

19. Member
    If Bernie was not in the wrong then what is he apologizing for? I don't know anything about Caleb, could have been anyone really, but I promise you, if it went down the way Bernie says, he would have been far more upset and there would be no apology.
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    If Bernie was not in the wrong then what is he apologizing for? I don't know anything about Caleb, could have been anyone really, but I promise you, if it went down the way Bernie says, he would have been far more upset and there would be no apology.

He admitted his part in the situation that lead to the differences between him and Caleb. He admitted it could have and should have been handled different by both parties. You called him out as a cry baby and thats where some of us disagree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast