Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My option is if there was never a video then we wouldn’t have heard anything about it. Stuff like this happens every tournament. Since there was a video of the incident, it made Bernie look bad. He had to do something to make it not look as bad and that is what this article is.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    My option is if there was never a video then we wouldn’t have heard anything about it. Stuff like this happens every tournament. Since there was a video of the incident, it made Bernie look bad. He had to do something to make it not look as bad and that is what this article is.
    This 100%

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Sounds like he apologized! Hang him!
    Back handed. You cant apologize then blame the other guy

Was it a BASS video and is it able to be viewed by anyone? The Jury needs to pass judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    Was it a BASS video and is it able to be viewed by anyone? The Jury needs to pass judgement.
    Go pro video that was uploaded on Facebook.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Back handed. You cant apologize then blame the other guy
    my thoughts exactly, that's why I posted it. he said "sorry, not sorry"
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    He admitted his part in the situation that lead to the differences between him and Caleb. He admitted it could have and should have been handled different by both parties. You called him out as a cry baby and thats where some of us disagree.
    I read it as a back handed apology. I left feeling like he was taking blame but still pointing the finger. He ultimately put it right back on caleb saying he should have stopped and told him of his intentions...I don't believe for one second that if caleb stopped and said I will be back to fish here that old bernie would have been cool with it
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

8. Member
    I just found it interesting that he starts out by saying how he found this great spot and was amazed that no one else found it. And then suddenly he was amazed when someone else knew about it. Now, I understand that we really don't know if the spot was poached on day two or not, and quite frankly I don't care. I have enough people pull in front of me while fun fishing that I can't imagine how cutthroat it is when money is on the line. Some of the stuff that I read on here reinforces why I should not get back into tournament fishing. It's another reason that I won't fish a lake if I know there is a tournament going on that day (with the exception of St. Clair).

Go pro video that was uploaded on Facebook.
    Caleb posted another video and said he took the video down showing the incident. He explained that he found the spot day one and has a timestamp on when he dropped the waypoint. He said he had a high boat number day one and when he went to the spot another "competitor" was already on it. He never went back on day one since it was a early shad spawn bite. Day two he claimed to have gotten to the spot but never made a cast on it. Basically, exactly as written by Bernie. But, reading some of the comments people on his side that saw the video say good old Bernie ran in on him. I think Caleb should have pushed his case instead of leaving. Without seeing the video it's hard to say. Almost sounds as though I was one of them Spot Lawyer situations.

Can someone please do a Hitler Vid with Bernie as Hitler.
    Last edited by gaston13; 05-29-2023 at 06:10 PM.

11. Member
    Caleb has no problem cutting anyone else off especially non competitor boats but when someone else does it to him he cries foul. He’s the pot calling the kettle black
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Caleb has no problem cutting anyone else off especially non competitor boats but when someone else does it to him he cries foul. He’s the pot calling the kettle black
    And that very well may be the case, I don't know him and have never fished against him. But it sounded like to me that Bernie kind of opened the door and then cried foul himself.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    Caleb posted another video and said he took the video down showing the incident. He explained that he found the spot day one and has a timestamp on when he dropped the waypoint. He said he had a high boat number day one and when he went to the spot another "competitor" was already on it. He never went back on day one since it was an early shad spawn bite. Day two he claimed to have gotten to the spot but never made a cast on it. Basically, exactly as written by Bernie. But, reading some of the comments people on his side that saw the video say good old Bernie ran in on him. I think Caleb should have pushed his case instead of leaving. Without seeing the video it's hard to say. Almost sounds as though I was one of them Spot Lawyer situations.
    I saw the video. Bernie came in close to him.

14. Member
    I saw the video. Bernie came in close to him.
    I still hadn't seen it.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

I think they took it down.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    really?
    So, how much product do you apply on a daily basis?

17. Member
    I spent 26 years working solo. A lot of that time was on construction sites where you fought for your work space constantly. There was no stated pecking order. You rubbed elbows to get it done. If rubbing bothers or frightens you stay home. I still do it working a meat counter. Stand your ground but work as a team. Every profession requires rubbing. Nascar goes to the extent of bragging if you are not rubbing you aint racing. Just another day in the life of Bernie and Caleb. I doubt its the first or last time for either.

18. Member
    outside of this incident, I just have always felt like Bernie was a ***** and arrogant just by reading some of his articles and having a friend that had Bernie here as a guest while the opens were here. He is not a friendly guy. He's a *****.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    outside of this incident, I just have always felt like Bernie was a ***** and arrogant just by reading some of his articles and having a friend that had Bernie here as a guest while the opens were here. He is not a friendly guy. He's a *****.
    He's a cold fish for sure, but sometimes you can't shake it off.. its just how you are built from your parents DNA. He's fished some 360 tournaments without any 1st or 2nd place wins ever in Bassmaster. My guess is he is near the end of his career tournament fishing and will go to selling his antique fishing lures full time as a dealer or something. He's just not a hug and jokes kind of guy. It's not in him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123