Another Ultrex issue.

Powers on fine and prop turns okay it all speeds. 39+ volts at the motor Will not steer left or right while using the pedal and cannot turn the head by hand. Any ideas?

I Think this will be my fifth repair on the current . Haven't had an issue in about a year.

2. Member
    Steering module must be locked up. Have to replace the entire module. Also when the steering module goes it usually pops the potted fuse in the control board so you will have to replace that too! Not a cheap fix....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Steering module must be locked up. Have to replace the entire module. Also when the steering module goes it usually pops the potted fuse in the control board so you will have to replace that too! Not a cheap fix....
    Crazy. Was working great when I took it off the water last weekend. And never even tried to work today. This might be the last part on this motor that I've had to replace. It has been awful and no longer under warranty. Never abused and garage kept

4. Member
    Do you disconnect power from the trolling motor before plugging in your battery charger?
    Voltage spikes from the charger can cause problems with the control boards.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    Do you disconnect power from the trolling motor before plugging in your battery charger?
    Voltage spikes from the charger can cause problems with the control boards.
    TM is on a breaker always turn off and on at the lake

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Mine went out.
    If you cant turn the motor by hand It's the steering module. Cost was $400.00 and I installed.
    I tore it down to see what was wrong. --The electric motor has a two piece housing that separated.. It's only pressed together-- no bolts

If you remove the motor you find 4 small screws that hold an adaptor plate to the top of the motor, they have worked loose, quite often you can reinstall them with blue Loctite to correct this issue.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

My motor came apart in the center where the two pieces of the case come together. Most bigger motors have long bolts that hold the two-piece case together.