Butt Seat to help get farther from the bow

Well, I have always liked having the butt seat really close to the bow of the boat as I have been in my 2002 Pantera Classic since it was built but with all of the additions up front over the years, 2 large graphs (12 and 10 HB) on BBT mount, Ultrex with 360, Mega Live, Ultrex sensor, and HB sensor, etc...I really feel like I am now too close to the graphs and don't have hardly any room to stand. The more concave butt seat helps me sit back a little but wondering if anyone has seen a butt seat pole that help sit you back farther, similar to some of the curved short pole sit down boat seats that are out there? I attached a pic of what I was thinking vs pulling off the BBT mount which is so sturdy but only slightly adjustable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2010 Basscat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    Same idea as this sit down seat post but wanted for a butt seat to lean on so would be much taller.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatCanDoo View Post
    Same idea as this sit down seat post but wanted for a butt seat to lean on so would be much taller.
    I think you can add a short pole on top or bottom, no? Wouldn't be adjustable, but definitely taller.

6. Member
    I have a friend with the curved post. It will throw you out if not careful. If it is angled toward the front gravity will be gravity and swing toward the back. Also I think it puts alot more pressure on the pedstal bushing and the pedstal stem.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

The pedestal should handle the curved posts.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    I think you can add a short pole on top or bottom, no? Wouldn't be adjustable, but definitely taller.
    Yeah, I think that would work. I'll get the shortest butt seat pole and attached a short curved pole and see if that gets me back some.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    I have a friend with the curved post. It will throw you out if not careful. If it is angled toward the front gravity will be gravity and swing toward the back. Also I think it puts alot more pressure on the pedstal bushing and the pedstal stem.
    I can see that being a problem as well unless I secure them together...possibly