Thread: Jon Gruden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jon Gruden

Looks like Gruden is getting another chance in the NFL. Hope it works out for him if he is sincere.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jon-g...offense-report

He shouldn't have been canceled to start with.

3. Member
    Is that what they call it now , cancelled ? I think he screwed up and the chips fell.
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Is that what they call it now , cancelled ? I think he screwed up and the chips fell.

I can't speak for "they" but it's what I call it.

5. Member
    Yeah it was ridiculous to begin with. All he did was use colorful language to talk about his regrets that the NFL was hiring women refs, disrespecting the anthem, and was promoting gay players. He also committed the great sin of speaking bad about Goodell and sending pictures of women in bikinis to his buddies. Sounds pretty normal to me.

6. Member
    Honestly I'm surprised how long he has hung around. I realize all successful people have their detractors but in his years at Tampa he was widely known to be a bully, and not too fun to work with, for, or around- this came from people who worked closely with the coach.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    This.

8. Member
    Nothing he said or did was illegal, only woke poons get hurt over words.

9. Member
    I know you say that to wind people up but even you know that it was a Bullcrap railroad job.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yep

11. Member
    Oh yeah! Chucky is back!
    gruden.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lol. Punch a girl in the face or get multiple assault charges and the NFL turns a blind eye and couldn’t care any less. Say something mean about someone in a joking manner and OMG HE MUST BE FIRED!!!

Grow up
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

13. Member
    His first full time job was tight ends coach at UOP when I was a senior. I remember wishing everyone on the staff was like him. Positive, high energy and great personality. I hung around for another year as a G.A. and got to see him work up close and personal. Dude never left the office. Even back then he knew where he wanted to end up and he worked his ass off to get there. Oh and one other thing. He wasn't a racist.....

14. Member
    I never felt he was a racist but when you are in that position you simply cannot leave paper trails of jokes and other stuff. You have to be aware of your audience at all times. Having worked Corrections for over 40 years I saw a lot of stuff come back to bite people and it was stuff said in jest. Glad he is getting another chance.

15. Member
    It was a set up job by Goodall. They were investigating the Washington Redskins for a number of allegations like sexual harrassment, discrimination, unfair workplace. They pulled 600,000 emails between the Redskins owner, various NFL personnel, and other coaches, managers, and front office management. THE ONLY EMAIL LEAKED TO THE PRESS WAS THE ONES BY GRUDEN. LOL. I have really cheap ocean front property in Arizona...if you believe there was way more interesting emails in that huge batch of 600.000

16. Member
    So many many experts here. Guess Gruden didn't get the memo to CYA. That's OK, just blame it on someone else and say he was cancelled. LOL. Gotta love the lounge.
    GETFISHED !!!

17. Member
    Never should have been railroaded the way he was to begin with.

So many many experts here. Guess Gruden didn't get the memo to CYA. That's OK, just blame it on someone else and say he was cancelled. LOL. Gotta love the lounge.
    Please explain why Joe Mixon is still in the league. What about Deshaun Watson? Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, I could go on all night.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    Honestly I'm surprised how long he has hung around. I realize all successful people have their detractors but in his years at Tampa he was widely known to be a bully, and not too fun to work with, for, or around- this came from people who worked closely with the coach.
    Like who?

20. Member
    Good for him. That clown Goodell is the one that needs to go.
    ________
    $8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast