Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I'm gonna ask a stupid question

After 2 years of owning this boat and asking numerous people someone tell me the purpose of these.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    They are in middle storage boxes of p2....

3. Member
    I'll take a stab at the first pic (2nd pic is out of focus) to get the responses flowing. The first pic appears to be a small "dry storage" compartment that had a clear plastic screw on lid for putting your license and boat registration in etc....

We can’t tell from picture 2, due to focus, as to what it possibly is.

And picture #1 is definitely a compartment to store seldom used registration and insurance. Keeps it in one place and handy. People do all sorts of things and a glove box doesn’t exist like on your vehicles. Today some have center compartments that are frequently used, though do you really want your registration and insurance in there to dig around.

5. Member
    The second pic is in the top right side of the front box. Looks like a little knob...

That should be a ball socket to retain the 13” seat post extension, with a U shaped rubber tensioner for the pin to rest in behind it.

7. Member

8. Member
    My best guess has been something to hang pliers from but idk

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    That should be a ball socket to retain the 13” seat post extension, with a U shaped rubber tensioner for the pin to rest in behind it.
    So you are saying I'm missing a seat post extender....

There was a black rubberized saddle piece approximately 14” to the right from that ball socket, which the 13” seat extension hole rests on that ball socket, and the saddle (stern light clips) secures the 7/8” pin. The extension for the rear folding seat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    So you are saying I'm missing a seat post extender....
    Do you not have a pedestal for the rear seat? It is where you store the pedestal.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    Do you not have a pedestal for the rear seat? It is where you store the pedestal.
    I have now found it, in the top of my garage. Since I'm not 95 nor do I fish with 95 year olds we stand in boat like men....

I have now found it, in the top of my garage. Since I'm not 95 nor do I fish with 95 year olds we stand in boat like men....
    Wow, I do hope you meant that in jest?
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

14. Member

Well I want to comment but I will let someone else go first
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

15. Member
    Don't know if anyone has answered your question. But the 1st picture is for your registration and important papers for the boat. There should be a clear or smoke colored cover that turns and locks tight. These are water proof containers. If you are ever around a semi trailer, you will see these mounted on the frame, usually close to the landing gear. This is where they store the registration papers for the trailer.

16. Member
    We know you didn’t mean that to offend others, though it has and will. This is on a day we honor real “men” who can’t sit or stand any longer. The most manly men I knew were many… who sat. They sat because they could not stand.

One of the most humble, crusty and decorated was Lou. Most couldn't understand Lou because he was liable to just say what he felt. Lou sat because his guts were ripped up in Africa, during WWII, fighting Rommel’s group. Lou saved his group by jumping on a grenade. And Lou requested to go back and went to Germany.

Lou sat when he fished, and I was just blessed to have known him. He was scared of nothing, ever, because he “looked death in the eye”.

Rick

Rick shared his story,I'll share mine. While living in Virginia I belonged to great group that took disabled vets fishing. I was honored to have an Army Sargent fish with me that lost both his legs in Afghanistan. The man never once said he wished he could stand and fish.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pierce View Post
    We know you didn’t mean that to offend others, though it has and will. This is on a day we honor real “men” who can’t sit or stand any longer. The most manly men I knew were many… who sat. They sat because they could not stand.

One of the most humble, crusty and decorated was Lou. Most couldn't understand Lou because he was liable to just say what he felt. Lou sat because his guts were ripped up in Africa, during WWII, fighting Rommel’s group. Lou saved his group by jumping on a grenade. And Lou requested to go back and went to Germany.

Lou sat when he fished, and I was just blessed to have known him. He was scared of nothing, ever, because he “looked death in the eye”.

Rick
    First off my post was never meant to be viewed in the light you are so my apologies for those that are offended. I will say that if you walk around looking to be offended it's fairly easy to find something. I had a grandfather that fought in France in WW1 and a father in the south pacific in WW2. If you want to virtue signal and spin it into its worst light then that's your right to do so. Now let's get to what's my right, I bought this boat 2 years ago because it fit the storage area I had. I never went looking for a cheap boat. It was purely size driven and I know a few of your guys and have spent some time with one in particular who works for you. Because of that I decided to go the P2 route. Again I came out of a ranger 520 and have nothing bad to say about that brand. I have brought several issues here for input and advice. In a recent post I mentioned I have dealt with more issues with the boat you built than every other boat I have owned in the last 30 years. I have reached a point in life where I can buy just about any boat I want. I don't choose to play pro, the lakes I fish a 19 foot model works, if my garage had 6 more inches I would have bought the caracal. You speak of your premium lines often and what you put on those. I have and had no expectations of all the bells and whistles on an advantage series. Now that said a 24 series battery is bs... it's running multiple graphs, livewells, etc just like a big boat. I was told you give an allowance to dealer for battery since they do that, you put a 31 series tray in it but a 24 series, when I took the boat out and realized how badly it performed I did some research and found you yourself stating that a 24 p prop was wrong. You say it was covid, well tell the guy that when he buys the boat not when he finds out after the fact and has to search the country and spend 800 on the right one from Jacos. Maybe sell a hub assembly for the 3 inch trailer that's not on a spindle so I have to beat it apart with a rubber hammer and rebuild it to change it out. Maybe don't blame your suppliers all the time for issues since you arebthe one selling their stuff. The rest of the world doesn't get to do that. Maybe don't use a wire nut from home depot or auto zone when connecting power to front graphs, I laughed out loud when I discovered that. Maybe drill a bigger hole for the electronics port at bow so when you stick the clam shell on it it won't saw the wires in half against the unfinished saw cut hole. The next time you want to virtue signal I think it would be a bit virtuous to send a pm and say let's get this in shop, knock all we can out, sorry you are having to deal with so many issues..... wow how easy would that have been compared to your endless excuses and finger pointing. Then I might have a whole different feeling about your brand.

19. Member
    Knock off base for a RAM type mount?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    Well I want to comment but I will let someone else go first

Ron White comes to mind....
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast