Question BCB: Trailer Accident--possible new axle--08 Cougar

Hey BCB, I was hit while stopped at a light on the left fender. The fender is a write off and am concerned about the axle. Im going to have it inspected ASAP to see if there is damage to it. While driving home my caliper cracked and fell apart. The bolt holding the caliper to the axle was bent so I assume there is more damage.

What axle is used in my trailer? Im concerned that I'll be down all summer waiting for parts unless I could locate them somewhere else unless it's an axle specific to BCB?

Thanks for your time.

Take a picture of the back side and Parts will be glad to help you. Just being familiar with it, they can assist. The time to replace end units is now, while their insurance is available to you. The axle is usually fine,in most cases, though if yours is a torsion axle get a new setup as the odds of damage are high. It’s difficult for alignment shops to determine this as they aren’t setup to measure. Long term wear is usually when you find it, by then you’re well past ability to get it covered from the accident.

3. Member
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    PM sent.
    Apparently our box is full and we can’t get a PM now.

5. Member
    Sorry, PM sent to Aruss1984 - not BCB.

Thanks BCB. Trailer is currently being inspected by a trailer shop. Ill have the details later today about what is needed. Hopefully I can find axle parts to at least keep me on the water. The fender I can live with until its replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Take a picture of the back side and Parts will be glad to help you. Just being familiar with it, they can assist. The time to replace end units is now, while their insurance is available to you. The axle is usually fine,in most cases, though if yours is a torsion axle get a new setup as the odds of damage are high. It’s difficult for alignment shops to determine this as they aren’t setup to measure. Long term wear is usually when you find it, by then you’re well past ability to get it covered from the accident.