Solix G3 overheating

Solix screen got fuzzy with grey vertical line. I couldn’t get it to do anything so I disconnected the power wire and tried to reboot with no success. The screen was extremely hot to the touch after letting it cool down for 3 hours connected the power cable everything worked normal for 1 1/2 hours then quit working again checked voltage on the other units 12.7 any ideas before I send it back for warranty? Thanks Jeff

2. Member
    The Solix screen will be hot to the touch on a hot day.(seems excessive, but mine have not failed because of it) If the back of your unit has open access to the air it is most likely something else causing you problem. I would call the Help desk and see what they think. Heat can affect wire connections and other power related things. Try to insure air circulation around the unit. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Had a Helix 12 that did it when it was hot out. Stopped happening when I moved it to the bow from console flush mount.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blkfalc4 View Post
    Had a Helix 12 that did it when it was hot out. Stopped happening when I moved it to the bow from console flush mount.
    The unit is mounted on the bow with a dual mount.

5. Member
    If still on warranty I would have them take a look at it. There is a fan in there, it may not be running or just a bad connection inside that the heat makes fail. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go