Ghost 360 Scan / Active Target Issue

I know many folks were experiencing their AT's freezing up, or going black when using 360 scan. Anyone know if the new 23.3 update resolved that issue? I've always had an AT1 and Carbon 12 unit, tied to a MG trolling motor. However, I recently bought a Ghost, and installed the 3-1 nosecone to match up with them. I ended up returning the nosecone though, after many days on the phone with Lowrance trying to figure out why it was knocking out my AT whenever I did a 360 scan. I saw on this forum where I was not the only one having the problem, and just wondering if anyone's had a chance yet to verify the new update fixed that? Appreciate the feedback, and thanks in advance ya'll.
    Last edited by JCJ; 05-28-2023 at 12:38 AM.

2. Member
    I’ll try it out in a few hours and let you know.

3. Member
    Perfect - thank you!

4. Member
    Ok, so I won’t be much help. I turned on 360 and AT, they both worked or at least it seemed like they worked for a few mins. I stopped a scan to move locations and the graph locked. I made the move, had the 360 completely off and the graph locked multiple times over the next few mins. After turning the AT box off and back on, I had no issues. I couldn’t try the 360 again, due to the wind howling.

if I go out this evening, I’ll retry this mess.

5. Member
    Ok, got out again to try it. Here’s what happens, turn on 360 scan and I had AT on as well, both worked OK.

Then, it happens….I stop the scan on 360, no problem yet. Press pages to leave the 360 page and go back to only AT and it goes nuts. AT starts going in & out, then it’ll just lock up black, nothing works. I have to power down the graph and restart it.

What I can’t understand, why it does it when I leave the 360 page. Apparently Lowrance has reached their boundaries of that they can engineer and what they can’t, it’s obviously too much for the graph to compute.

6. Member
    Appreciate this, but hate to hear it. I think I'll write Lowrance and see if I can at least get a case started with the specific problem, since this is the same as what was happening with mine after using the 360 (and the update has not seemed to resolve).

7. Member
    I don’t know if this is happening with Lives or Pros, they might have big enough processors to handle it all.

8. Member
    This has been discussed way back when 360 came out. First of all AT is a sharable Enet device, 360 is not sharable and will only work on the MFD that its plugged into. So there is some conflict causeing the AT to black out mostly from the ethernet. Its a simple fix, when using 360 stop sonar on the AT that fixed it on mine and never had an issue since. Since I have not tried the new 3-1HD waiting on my nose cone have not test but will when the nosecone comes in end of June.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    This has been discussed way back when 360 came out. First of all AT is a sharable Enet device, 360 is not sharable and will only work on the MFD that its plugged into. So there is some conflict causeing the AT to black out mostly from the ethernet. Its a simple fix, when using 360 stop sonar on the AT that fixed it on mine and never had an issue since. Since I have not tried the new 3-1HD waiting on my nose cone have not test but will when the nosecone comes in end of June.
    Same with me. The freezing and reboot issue also happened with my LIVE-16 if I used 360 without first stopping my AT1 sonar signal. I have since sold my 3in1 nosecone in anticipation of receiving the Active Imaging HD 3in1, but since I don't now have a 3in1 nosecone I can't test the issue with my new Pro-16. Like Basshopper I will have to wait another month before I have the equipment to test all.
    ciao,
    Marc