Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 05-28-2023 at 04:50 PM.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Literally everyone we have sold or installed has had zero issues right out of the box. Others we have sold 360 brackets too I've asked as well , this is honestly the first one ive heard of with an issue. Had my personal one out and can honestly say 100% it is the most powerful quietest motor on.the market period. Not listening to the whine of the Turning of my ultrex is so refreshing . Lining up your cast using ffs will just take a Lil to get used to if your used to the large head of the ultrex. Having it auto stow perfectly everytime with my lvs 34 is awesome. Now to the only bad I've found. Due to running a MEGA 360 you know you just can't shallow up your trolling motor . So what most guys do in skiinny water is put something under the bracket so it won't close all the way therefore shallowing everything up. One of the things I noticed is if you get it to shallow doing this and the prop surfaces the water the trolling motor will freak out moving hard right hard left . Now this is a situation most may not experience however it is a issue for me. I plan on discussing it with Powerpole and may be able to be fixed with a future firmware update

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    What i liked about the problem the OP had, is that they sent a new motor over and he replaced everything himself that next day and not having to wait weeks on a repair shop.....that is pretty cool.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    ^^^^^ Agreed. And every electro-mechanical device will be faulty at some time.

Installed mine yesterday, used the universal mounting plate. took longer to get the Ghost off then to put the Move on.

6. Member
    the pedal:
    It’s smooth, accurate, has a touch of resistance but was less than others. You can move the pedal as fast as you’d like and it responds accordingly. There is a power wire but the cableless system is the only way I will ever go. So that eliminates all other TM except Garmin.

this part is false, the Ghost doesn't have mechanical cabler steering either, just fly by wire servo motor.

Since the models with the built-in transducer aren't available yet, has anyone mounted a 2D (eg, puck) transducer to the lower? Seems like the fins on top would get in the way?

There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

The Lowrance sonar/built in transducer units are available, I've had mine for several weeks and it's working great. I've owned 3 Ultrexes, and 2 Ghosts, this Move beats them in all categories.

Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    The Lowrance sonar/built in transducer units are available, I've had mine for several weeks and it's working great. I've owned 3 Ultrexes, and 2 Ghosts, this Move beats them in all categories.
    Good to know. I was told by a board sponsor earlier this month that they wouldn't be available for 6 months.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

"Spot lock
    Ive had ZERO issue so far with holding position. No Matter the wind direction when I lock in or how hard it’s blowing. It’s seems to be smooth and patient to hold my position. It’s also does well to build speed slowly and not jerk around"

Are you saying it "Stays" in the SAME position you are in when turned on, and not turn into the wind or current ?
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    "Spot lock
    Ive had ZERO issue so far with holding position. No Matter the wind direction when I lock in or how hard it’s blowing. It’s seems to be smooth and patient to hold my position. It’s also does well to build speed slowly and not jerk around"

Are you saying it "Stays" in the SAME position you are in when turned on, and not turn into the wind or current ?
    They're all going to turn into the wind/current! It's just physics since it's attached to the bow, the hull is going to shift with the wind.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Good to know. I was told by a board sponsor earlier this month that they wouldn't be available for 6 months.
    I've sold multiple with built in transducer believe have 1 left w transducer for preorder that will be shipping here pretty soon. What most likely they ment is they might not have any with built in transducer for 6 months . These are difficult for dealers to get (only allowed to order 6 units at a time and takes months to get those six. Once a dealer order is in it can not be changed. So what they have pre-ordered is what there getting in till the units ship and there allowed to make another 6 unit preorder

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    What i liked about the problem the OP had, is that they sent a new motor over and he replaced everything himself that next day and not having to wait weeks on a repair shop.....that is pretty cool.....
    Agreed

14. Member
    I just installed a 52” Move ZR w/ Lowrance transducer and spent a week on Lake Champlain. This TM replaced my ghost and I’ve previously owned an Ultrex too. The Move is the most quiet and powerful TM currently available. So far, I’m very impressed with the Move.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEZER View Post
    let’s be clear here. Any piece of manufactured goods has a risk of not operating. Just because it’s expensive doesn’t remove that risk. I wasn’t happy about it but they were resilient with a great attitude and even talk to engineers to figure the issue out and a solution that was easiest for me to deal with. To me it was blessing in the end because now I know how simple, solid and light it’s put together. I literally called them at 12pm on Thursday by 2 pm there was a solution and they educated me on the process to swap out the part. By 12pm on Friday I was on The lake practice for a tournament on Saturday.
    ….I would want to know that my product was QC checked before it left the manufacturer. A defective motor out of the box tells me that the QC people need to be fired.

16. Member
    Apparently there's issues with interference and graphs. I thought brushless motors were the solution to interference.

17. Member
    I have very slight interference with my shaft mounted Livescope when my gain is turned way up, but it’s pretty minimal and hardly noticeable.

18. Member
    I’m running a Garmin LVS34 in forward mode and Active Target 2 in scout mode. I’m not seeing any increased interference.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    Apparently there's issues with interference and graphs. I thought brushless motors were the solution to interference.
    There is no interference w graphs.. there is some interference with mega 360. However with the right settings and latest update very minimal Powerpole is working to totally eliminate it.

20. Member
    I am 95% sure I will buy but would love to know the actual weight difference between the PP and the Ghost. Can anyone verify the actual weights?
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast