Transom mounted active target??

Already have livescope up front but want to add a live sonar for the back. We cruise around at 20mph marking schools of Striper’s and I think having live sonar on the transom facing forward would work great for it. I already have a carbon 16 at the console so that’s why I’m looking at active target. Anybody run it on the transom?

2. Member
    The salmon guys do it all the time in Pacific NW and on The Columbia River. Some mount on TM point backwards. The new AT2 dual is set up that way one forward and one backwards, call 180 view. You can see the schools ahead under the boat and behind as well as baits being trolled for how the fish react your bait, Salmon guys have figured out slow down speed up change color. The Dual AT2 require the HDS Pro to work. The great thing about the dual zero interference between transducers as they are synced to ping at the same time. Have a brand G and AT will most certainly cause some interference in some cases.

3. Member
    Sounds good. I would only use the active target on the transom and have Garmin on the trolling motor. Just didn’t know how the transducer would hold up to 20-25mph speeds. Thanks for the help and I will continue to look into it.

4. Member
    Highly advise against it and especially being below the bottom of the hull at that kind of speed! The Garmin guys that are doing this will be running the big PS30/31 transducers and are more like the Lowrance LiveSight. Beam angle of the AT is just to narrow for a fixed transducer in my opinion! In my opinion invest in a high end Airmar transducer and be able to mark bait and game fish at 40+ mph and leave the Live Sonar for when you are trolling, drifting or actually fishing

Ryan