Ultrex dragging issue

Does this look like the rear pivot bushings need replaced. Motor is a 2021
    20230527_184021.jpg
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite/Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Not sure what you mean by dragging. The motor is meant to contact the bracket when stowing. When the pivot bushings are bad you can move the entire upper bracket when it is lifting up. It can be moved side-to-side. Hard to explain. You can also remove the side plates and inspect them to see if they are in pieces. I have replaced mine multiple times although with the ultrex I think they improved them some.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    Not sure what you mean by dragging. The motor is meant to contact the bracket when stowing. When the pivot bushings are bad you can move the entire upper bracket when it is lifting up. It can be moved side-to-side. Hard to explain. You can also remove the side plates and inspect them to see if they are in pieces. I have replaced mine multiple times although with the ultrex I think they improved them some.
    I'm not sure what is causing the rubbing on the aluminum as you can see in the picture. My motor seems tight and doesn't move from side to side like you said. I'm not sure what is going on
    2021 Phoenix 921 Elite/Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Ok I see it now. The rubbing in the channel. Yes, that could be bad bushings which put some slop in the arm as you deploy it. 2021 would still be under warranty. Think it is 3 years.

5. Member
    Mount distortion. Loosen and retighten bolts, evenly.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

6. Member
    AS stated. could be Pivot bushings or the base bolts are causing the base to be worp. If bushings ae good then you will have to loosen the mounting bolts and tighten them in a cross manner. do not over tighten.