Cabela Memorial Day Sale

Cabela has the first generation Garmin FFS for $999. So you could get the Sonar and Transducer for less than $2,000 with their 9 inch unit.
    So from those that have had both is the second generation worth it or could you do the same things with Gen 1Garmin?? The bottom line is will I see less fish and structure or just a little more blurry?

2. Member
    Buy Gen2, major upgrade.

3. Member
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    Cabela has the first generation Garmin FFS for $999. So you could get the Sonar and Transducer for less than $2,000 with their 9 inch unit.
    So from those that have had both is the second generation worth it or could you do the same things with Gen 1Garmin?? The bottom line is will I see less fish and structure or just a little more blurry?
    The range is a little less, the image is more blurry and requires more settings adjustments, and the ghost tree is bigger. That said, still can do most of what you can do with the lvs34 with the lvs32.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    The range is a little less, the image is more blurry and requires more settings adjustments, and the ghost tree is bigger. That said, still can do most of what you can do with the lvs34 with the lvs32.
    Actually it is a LVS32 on sale.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    Actually it is a LVS32 on sale.
    Yes, I’m worded it poorly and was just saying while the LVS 34 is better, the LVS 32 is still pretty good.

7. Member
    I just upgraded from a 32 to a 34. I am no FFS guru. A huge difference to me. Those folks who really know what they are doing probably dont benefit as much by the upgrade as do us folks who struggle with ffs.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbach View Post
    I just upgraded from a 32 to a 34. I am no FFS guru. A huge difference to me. Those folks who really know what they are doing probably dont benefit as much by the upgrade as do us folks who struggle with ffs.
    I'd argue the opposite. If you haven't used a LVS 34, you won't know what you are missing out on starting with a 32 and you can develop skills to where you can actually appreciate / notice the upgrade down the road.

9. Member
    Is there a beam width difference?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

10. Member
    Saving for Gen 2. But still a decent price.

I did notice that Cabelas had the Spro Chad Shad in stock if anyone was looking for one.
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green