Thread: Is it just me??

Is it just me??

First trip out this year in the 1993 190 Champ. After cleaning her up, putting a pro tech wax coat, lubricating everything that needs it, I sat back and just admired the simplicity of this early 90's Champ.

I don't tournament fish, I don't need the latest electronics, powerpoles, ffs, spot lock, rods, reels, baits etc...I am a casual angler who doesn't take anything too seriously. I know owning a 30 year old rig and a 32 year old two stroke engine is borrowed time. I'm still baffled at how sharp my Champ is, and my hot Intruder just starts, grunts, and goes every time I turn the key.

I will never be able to afford a new rig. My hope is that in a few years I can find an upgraded/more modern rig at a reasonable price. But I just don't need all the bells and whistles that is standard these days. I don't know, the Champs where just so simple and awesome at the same time. Would love to see a company like this again...I know...times change, need to adapt...ok deep thoughts for today over. Cheers Champion family. Enjoy your weekend. Thank you all that have served
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

2. Member
    It’s not just you!!

3. Banned

4. Member
    Old stuff - LOL, we are a Band of Brothers

Your 190 is a beauty Dave keep as long as you can

2009 ELITE 210

6. Member
    The functional simplicity is in the Champ DNA. I've never really been around another brand that even comes close.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    I agree!