Trolling motor battery size

I upgraded to the Slayer Max and thinking about adding the xi3. For the guys with a TM what size battery are you using? I want to run my graph on it, too. I know a 100 ah would do it but would the 60?
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

I use a older Dual purpose size 24 with 70 AH rating and has served me well. If I was looking to get new battery for Yak / Pond boat only, I would go with a 24 size DuraCell AGM Deep cycle, although as nice as it would to go to Lithium, just too pricey for me.

I made my own bracket to replace the peddle drive with a trolling motor. I use the trolling motor in the larger bodies of water, like Beaver Dam, Sutton, and F.F.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

I'm using a Mighty Max in my Pelican. Small and lightweight. I have used two in parallel to extend my range but rarely have I drained just one. I have a small Watersnake trolling motor that fits in the hole for the pedal drive.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    I use a older Dual purpose size 24 with 70 AH rating and has served me well. If I was looking to get new battery for Yak / Pond boat only, I would go with a 24 size DuraCell AGM Deep cycle, although as nice as it would to go to Lithium, just too pricey for me.

I made my own bracket to replace the peddle drive with a trolling motor. I use the trolling motor in the larger bodies of water, like Beaver Dam, Sutton, and F.F.
    FF along the long wall is definitely one of the spots I really want to use it. And I’d really like to be able to spot lock in certain areas.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

5. Member
    I have a Perception Outlaw kayak and put the Xi3 (with Spotlock capability) on it. I am using a 60 Ah Amped Outdoors lithium battery. It doesn't have the bluetooth to see how discharged it is after using it, but based on how quickly it is fully charged after hooking the charger up to it, I don't think I'm using any more than 20-25% of the battery each time I have my kayak out. That said, I fish small waters, typically no current, and I don't spend a lot of time with the motor on high moving around. I also am normally only on the water for 5-6 hours. I do use the spot lock a lot though. I have a Garmin UHD 93SV and I will tell you that I was not able to use the same battery for both the trolling motor and the depthfinder. Down imaging and 2D sonar would work, but I would get nothing but interference on side imaging. I wound up getting a separate 15 Ah Amped Outdoors lithium battery to run the depthfinder, and so far both batteries have been great and I like having the separate battery for the depthfinder since I know my images are going to be interference free since I'm only running the one depthfinder off of that battery.

6. Member
    I use a group 24 for the TM (Minnkota 45#), and a 12 Ah lithium for the sonar.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota