MEGA 360 on split screen no Left Right Forward Rear option?

On my new MEGA 360 when 360 is full screen I get the option to scan 360, left, Right ,,Forward or Rear, but on my split screen map / 360 I get a different option that only goes to about 30 degrees or so forward.

On the bow its a Helix 12 Gen 4 SI networked to Helix 12 Gen 3 SI and Helix 9 Gen 4 DI on console

Also I can be in 50 FOW and get depth reading of 2 ft or 700 it swaps from accurate to ridiculous constantly. That's from transom transducer from Helix Gen 4 , all 3 graphs get same reading

I did not have the correct Y cable for built in Ultrex transducer so I disconnected the Ultrex Transducer from the Bow Helix 12 and just run Mega360 on the Bow to get started. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to only connecting MEGA 360? I don't look at SI when I'm on the TM anyway.
    Last edited by Roper56; 05-26-2023 at 08:28 PM.

It has always been that way.

The MEGA 360 does not do Temp, DI, or 2D/Depth. If you want those, it has to come from another transducer or network.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    It has always been that way.

The MEGA 360 does not do Temp, DI, or 2D/Depth. If you want those, it has to come from another transducer or network.
    I assume my split screen question is what has always been that way?

4. Member
    If you are waiting for someone to make a correction on Waynes statement it is not going to happen. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    If you are waiting for someone to make a correction on Waynes statement it is not going to happen. JMO Bob
    Well I certainly did not intend to offend anyone. Did it look as though I was asking for someone to make a correction to Waynes statement?

My OP also asked about depth reading jumping around so I was following up to see if there was any ideas as to how to solve this issue.

Thanks

6. Member
    Wayne knows. He has been the authority on 360 from the very beginning. No offense taken, just giving you the info. You repeated the response as if you did not believe it. If you use the installation documents and manuals from the HB site you will see how to properly setup your equipment. Or do a search of the forum there were many posts on this matter.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. Member
    I believe there is some misunderstanding of my OP as well as my response to all the much appreciated replies.

Please allow me to ask better questions. I apologize for asking 3 questions under the title of
    MEGA 360 on split screen no Left Right Forward Rear option?

I asked and was answered the title question: "it has always been that way" I wasn't really sure if that was the answer to that question , my bad.

I was not attempting to get anyone to dispute anyone else.

Question: Split screen option? asked and answered, no argument here.
    Question: Depth reading bouncing erratically , You Sir are correct. I could and did search for answers and was not satisfied that I had a reasonable answer to my issue. I have correct software on everything, inspected transducer for damage, checked connections, set all Helix on network to default settings. No solution as of yet. I will do more searches.
    Question: Do I really need the Y cable? I absolutely have read all documentation I have found, including but not limited to the documentation you reminded me of the availability and the importance of reading and comprehending. I know EACTLY what Y cable I need to get all the input from my Ultrex transducer and to the M360. I said I don't have one. I then asked:

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to only connecting MEGA 360? I don't look at SI when I'm on the TM anyway.

I apologize if you do not still understand my questions. It is not that important.

Bottom line is I'm happy with M360 without the Y cable because I don't Care to look at returns from the Ultrez transduce anyhowz. I am curious if NOT hooking the Ultrex Transducer to the Helix 12 via the correct Y cable that I do not have could be costing me something I'm not seeing? . I don't care about returns from Ultrex transducer. I was curious if anyone here had a different experience. Maybe, somehow
    possibly creating an issue that I am not aware of after reading all the documentation previously discussed. According to Humminbird Technical Support , I should be golden. Other's results may differ.

Tight lines

The MEGA 360 works OK by itself unless you have another unit and transducer near it=cross-talk.
    To prevent cross-talk, you connect the MEGA 360 and other transducer to the same display via Y cable and the sonar pulses will be sequenced so they cannot cross-talk.

IF you want Temp and Depth on the 360 view, already explained that, otherwise the overlay readouts are Time and GPS Speed.

Cross-talk is the only issue you can create as explained above.
    Otherwise you chose to have more or less data displayed by your installation.

You have not explained the installation of the other two units to guess what your depth reading issue is.
    At a minimum set the Max Depth to a little more than the deepest water you navigate on.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Sorry I tried to do that in the OP , I'll try again.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N on the Bow

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N at the console
    Helix 9 CHIRP MEGA+ DI G4N at the console
    Ultrex 112 /Link
    Mega 360
    2 15' Talons BT

All Networked

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Roper56 View Post
    Sorry I tried to do that in the OP , I'll try again.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N on the Bow

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N at the console
    Helix 9 CHIRP MEGA+ DI G4N at the console
    Ultrex 112 /Link
    Mega 360
    2 15' Talons BT

All Networked

Thanks again

Transducers are what broadcasts the sonar pulses, where are they and what are they connected to?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    I have a 408450-1, 5 Port Ethernet switch , a 9 HW MSI T on transom connected to Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N at the console, a MEGA DI/SI Transducer inside a 112 Ultrex I Pilot Link connected to a Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N at the Bow via a 720108-1 Y Cable along side a MEGA 360. I Installed the Y cable yesterday.I am hoping the cross talk you referenced may have been my erratic depth reading issue. I'll be on the water at daylight and shall see.

Thanks again