Active target works at first than goes no source? Software up to date

I recently put active target on my boat paired with a HDS live 9 and im having issues. I called lowrance but after 2 hours on hold they didnt tell me to do anything i havent tried already. It works when i first turn it on but after about 10 minutes it goes no source. If I cycle the active target switch it might work for a little bit might not. Thought it might be the switch but still does it wired straight to power. My voltage is good so thats not the issue. I called bass pro to see if i could replace it so im having another whole setup on the way. (lowrance wanted to start off with ethernet cable if that didnt work they wanted me to send them my box to inspect no telling how long that would take). All my lights look like there suppose to even when it shows no source. My software on both the live and active are up to date tried reset and all that still goes to no source. It worked great the very first time i took it out but after that it works intermittently. Anybody else have this issue I hope its not the HDS 9 live unit. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Software up to date as of yesterday? Version 23.3

3. Member
    It was tuesday when I called lowrance and it was up to date when i called them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby05 View Post
    It was tuesday when I called lowrance and it was up to date when i called them.
    The new update just came out yesterday.

5. Member
    It started doing it about a week and half ago there wasnt any updates out. Do you think the update was the issue? I already sent everything back and ordered a new active target system since i tried everything and nothing worked.

6. Member
    You are really not paying attention to the help on here. Can you just answer the question what Version of software do you have in your units if its less than 23.3 then this will most likely fix your issue since everybody on the forum has been talking about it for months.

I'm out on this one. Good luck

7. Member
    I already sent the unit back before the update came out. I understand the update will probably fix it but two weeks ago I didn’t know an update was coming out and everything was updated and still nothing. If your unit is messing up and going no source randomly are you screwed till an update comes out? That wouldve been the first thing I done if an update was available. I’m not trying to be rude I appreciate the help the help on here it is better than when I called lowrance it was a joke figured they would know an update was gonnna come out soon instead of sending my box to them to look at it which would take who knows how long.

8. Member
    If you will take a look at the thread about the new update, you will see that waiting for an update is exactly what most of us did! Just installed it this morning and No Source messages went away completely,

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    Ok thanks guys. Wish Lowrance wouldve told me this when i called there customer support before i sent it back. Does this problem happen alot with active target? Once updated and it works like normal does it usually happen again? Did you have your units installed for a while or installed recently? Just worried that take a big fishing trip in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden needs a update and quits working.

10. Member
    I have had no problems for 2 seasons with my AT and my Lives until the release of the .37 software. So problems should be good now after this software update!