Banned

Late spring, early summer Bass

I moved to the Hot Springs area about a year ago. I moved from Wisconsin and I'm finding the patterns down here are a lot different then up north. Can anyone give me some suggestions for what baits you all are fishing with this time of year? I've been fishing DeGray, Hamilton and Ouachita. Thank you for any suggestion into warm water fishing.

I have not fished those lakes you mention, but up here there's an early top water bite and I like to throw Spook type lures at them on top. Jigs, shaky head, Carolina-rig and swimming a 3.3 or 3.8 Keitech are all working here too.

Quillback hit it well. Usually more main lake stuff right now. Early topwater bite of your preference. For numbers a weightless fluke and a 3.3 are hard to beat. After the sun gets up there’s a few ways you can catch em. A big ribbon tail worm is always good. Shallow fish can still be caught on a swimjig, buzzbait, plopper etc. A lot depends on weather and if the core is pulling water.

From now until Labor Day, fishing on Hamilton is taking your life in your own hands. Ouachita and DeGray are similar. Early or late topwater bite and smaller jig head, drop shot worms on channel swing banks or deeper brush. And there’s always a few to be caught shallow during the day.

5. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by albro1960 View Post
    I moved to the Hot Springs area about a year ago. I moved from Wisconsin and I'm finding the patterns down here are a lot different then up north. Can anyone give me some suggestions for what baits you all are fishing with this time of year? I've been fishing DeGray, Hamilton and Ouachita. Thank you for any suggestion into warm water fishing.
    From there you’re not far from Millwood either. That would open up some summer time fishing opportunities that the clearer water lakes around the HS area wouldn’t offer.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

6. Member
    Dierks is another good lake about an hour or so from hot springs

7. Banned
    I appreciate all the reply's and suggestions. I've got a great starting point thanks to you all. Off to Trader Bills for more bait.

8. #FRB
    When the water temp gets above 80 I spend most of my time on offshore stuff. I also fish Maumelle mostly and some of you know how that lake can be if you're not dialed in WITH the right extension. Ouachita is a great offshore lake too this time of year. Avoid Hamilton at all costs especially on the weekends. I did watch someone on a water roach nearly run aground on a hump around Crystal on Ouachita last week. Guess they don't know what shallow water buoys are.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Member
    Water roach....lololol...never heard that before but that's hilarious and true.

10. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Yep, got a new one for the lexicon now. Water roach
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L