700LX Specs and waterlogged

Service tech thinks my 700LX is bogging on launch and a few miles/hr down (off top speed) because it's waterlogged. I am trying to find the weight specs. I called NITRO and hull is 1158 and they said with trailer and original engine (75hp) is 1894lbs. That does not sound right to me. Anyone know how to find out weight with trailer and 125hp? I'll get it weighed and see how much heavier. When he did a lake test, transom was low in water and during launch, water came up over the transom for a second. Transom seems to be solid. A fiberglass hull guy says it looks appropriate for a 23 yr old boat but nothing seems too bad.

Thanks

2. Member
    The easiest thing to do is drill a small hole into the transom and see if water leaks out. if not, seal it back up and go fishing.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    The easiest thing to do is drill a small hole into the transom and see if water leaks out. if not, seal it back up and go fishing.
    That will only tell him if the transom is waterlogged. Since he is complaining about sluggish holeshot and lower top speed I assume he is worried about his decks, floor and flotation foam being waterlogged. This can add hundreds of pounds to the weight of the boat.

4. Member
    I weighed the boat and trailer. I expected about 2500 lbs with full tank of gas and gear - 1153 Hull, 375 125hp, 400 trailer, 150 batteries, 50 trolling motor, 200 gear, 160 gas... it weighed in at 2620. so if anything is waterlogged, it cant be too much..at least not causing this problem. Unfortunately, I am going backwards... I saw heavy corrosion on two coil packs. So I replaced all 4. Now it will start, idle, but will not stay running when I put it in gear. And when it was idling, I couldn't turn the engine off with the key. Maybe a fully defective coil pack? I am going to add this to Merc forum too.