How do I check hrs on a 2020 zx225...?

Im sure " its been covered before- but assuming the boat is totally stock- how can I find out hrs on motor.. Person says "about 150"...also said they just had it serviced... -Couldnt the dealer have pulled the hrs..?-

2. Member
    If a Yamaha is installed there are several ways. A dealer can extract the ECU hours, Yamaha Command link tachometers can display the ECU hours and some MFDs connected to the motor can display ECU hours.

It's odd, you'd think the first thing they would record is the hours. I have 100 hour service coming up soon, called the shop to ask what where the hours when they did the last service, they said they don't know, not on the ticket :(. I had the shop do it since it was the first service (actually 20 hour) on a replacement powerhead, but will be doing it myself from now on. Luckily I found a reciept from previous owner on powerhead work so was able to sort it out.

Anyway, yeah if boat has nema interface to the motor, you can pull up hours on an overlay on your MFD. Or Command Link as mentioned above. Barring that, dealer would have to pull hours from ECU for you. Depending on your relationship with the dealer, they might do it gratis, or might charge you an hour's labor :(.

4. Member
    Another option is to purchase the Yamaha YDIS software for your computer. It comes with a USB cable that connects to your engine harness and will display all kinds of diagnostic stuff.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19211109071...oaAh2-EALw_wcB