Buzzards at Fayette and Bastrop

Went to fayette today (park praire) ramp and had my truck damaged by buzzards. I know this has been an ongoing problem but the lady and man HAD been doing a good job of keeping them away. Not today, my truck wasnt the only one damaged, several others were as well. Ive also seen this at the other ramp at fayette and at bastrop and heard of it at other lakes.

Fayette and bastrop are really close to me, so I either stop going, or get a cover for my truck.
    Has anyone bought a cover for this? I have no use for a cover other than for this and dont want to spend a ton on it.
    Would any cover work? Ive seen people with covers on their trucks, do the buzzards still get on the vehicles that have covers on them?
    I dont want to use a blue tarp and scratch my truck up and I believe my boat cover would as well as its not fully lined on the inside.
    Thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

2. Member
    I usually fish Fayette once or twice a month. I always go to Oak Thicket for this very reason. Even there though the buzzards can sometimes show up. They have moved the dumpster out of the ramp parking area to a spot across the road, and seem to be doing a good job of enforcing their rule of no fish cleaning on site (cast netters). I have used my boat cover to protect my truck a few times when I have seen the buzzards without any scratches but I was careful.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Saw a few guys roll up white trash bags in the truck windows, leaving enough outside to flap in the wind. No idea if it worked, but saw it multiple times at Fayette and Belton lakes.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

4. Bobby8
    I never go to Park Prairie anymore because of the buzzards. Buzzards had a field day on my Ford Limited a few years ago so I take a cover now.

Get a large plastic alligator, put it on top of your truck.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    BMCD, that's a good idea, I'll get my brothers inflatable doll. That might do the trick....LMAO!

U will be instantly popular!
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    No doubt about it.....