99 90hp johnson fuel issue

Motor starts fine, idles fine, runs fine at half throttle. Full throttle will run a few hundred yards and starve out. Repeat, same happens. New line/bulb, New fuel pump. Same problems. Vro has been removed. Carburetor bowls have fuel in them, with drain screws removed, pumped bulb and fuel runs out of each carburetor. Ideas?

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Make sure high speed orifices in float bowls are fully seated, check all throttle and timing linkages. Make sure throttle plates are all opening fully.

3. Member
    Will check. I pulled the bowls off one of the carbs last night. Laid on a flat surface you could see it was warped. Not sure that's a issue as there is no fuel leaking anywhere, yet

4. Member
    Believe I found culprit for the fuel issue. Previous owner had changed primer bulb and line from tank. Where the new line connects at tank was packed with clear plastic, at 1st I thought it was fuel that had gelled, at closer look it was the liner from the new line that had crumple up on installation. Now just waiting on carb kits to see how it runs